Flying Whilst Pregnant-pg113641329718

4 Replies
julie - January 4

Can you fly when pregnant and if so up to which week of pregnancy

Holly - January 4

I flew when I was 26-27 weeks pregnant. My doc told me not to fly beginning in my third trimester. I barely made it!

Heather - January 4

I flew when I was 29 weeks. My doctor said I could fly up to 36 weeks. Make sure to check with the specific air lines as well as your doctor. Most airlines have their own policies.

LRK - January 4

Most airlines have a 36 week advisory cutoff. My doctor has okayed women going at 38 weeks. I think it depends on your health in part. Plus, consider the length of the flight. I did a transatlantic flight at 20 weeks. I did a 3 hour at about 30 weeks. Do make sure you drink alot of fluids and walk around during the flight.

Heather - January 5

I just flew last week at 35 weeks, for the last time. The airlines dont like you to fly any closer than 30 days to your due date, but they dont actually have a rule so to speak, and each airline is abit different. Also, I had my midwife copy all of my paperwork, just in case anything started while out of town, which is not a bad idea. I say, take a trip while you can, you may be home for awhile after the baby comes. Also, baby was quite active at take off and landing......

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion