Gestational Diabetes-pg113942788118

2 Replies
Rachel - February 8

Any one else have gd? How are you handling it?

Melody - February 8

I have GD...it's really not that big a deal, it's more like a pain in the b___t. I was put on a special diet and I have to check my blood sugars x4 a day. I see a dietician and she makes sure that my numbers are okay. It just insures that baby will not have problems cuz they can get too big and/or it can affect their lung maturation. So, your doc will probably send you to a dietician and tell you exactly what to do. I just miss having sweets and pasta. Really, it's a lot of carb counting and staying away from sugar. But, at least it's only for one trimester.

Shawna E - February 8

There is a good thread in the "Pregnancy Complications" board here about GD... you might want to check that out. Like Melody said, it is mostly carb counting. I test 6 times a day (before breakfast, lunch, and supper and then two hours after each meal) and keep a log of my numbers, which are supposed to stay below 120 for the two hour test after meals. I have gone over three times since I started testing on Jan. 23... I just have to learn what I can eat and what I can't. I am under the guidance of a diabetes advisor and a dietician. Check out that other thread... it really has a great deal of information!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?