Inducing-pg116953264835

8 Replies
juju - January 23

hi well i went to my Drs today im 2 cm dilated and 80% thinned im not due till the 6th and my dr said if we dont have him by the 29th were inducing, man im nervous and scared. ne suggestions?

tiphanai - January 23

why is he inducing you a week before your due date?

juju - January 23

because hes a big baby and if we have him on my due date hell be ALOT bigger

tiphanai - January 23

i see. I wish i had some comforting advice but i'm not due till the 20th. From what i've read, doctors often miscalcutate baby's size by a couple pounds or so. Any chance they'll just let you go naturally? Maybe it will be less scary if you are able to let labor happen on it's own

BriannasMummy - January 23

I definatly agree with the fact that doctors can be off by the size of a baby. I recently had a little girl at 39weeks 1 day because they said my baby was very big.. and also because she was transverse. They told me that she was going to be around 10lbs.. i measured 2 weeks bigger with fundal height and i also measured 2 weeks bigger with u/s. Finally she was born at 6lbs 4oz.. I was soo shocked I asked them to weigh her again. Sometimes the estimate is right.. and sometimes its wrong.. who knows! ~Kristin~

CYNTHIABREU - January 23

THE PROBLEM WITH INDUCING IS THAT YOU DON'T GET A WARM UP AS FAR AS CONTRACTIONS ARE CONCERNED, WITH REGULAR CONTRACTIONS THAT START LITTLE BY LITTLE AND YOU PREPARE YOURSELF.I HAD MY SON INDUCED LAST YEAR IN APRIL AND NEXT MONTH I AM INDUCING MY DAUGHTER.THE PAIN IS THE SAME BUT WITH PITOCIN IT IS SUDDEN.

madison - January 23

juju, just wanted to say hi and wish you well! we chatted on the miscarriage forum and i was due the day before you but i guess your date was moved up a lot! i cant believe you are this close! but as long as everything is ok with you and the baby then i know it will be fine inducing!! how big is the baby anyway? i dont know how much mine weighs i just know she is measuring the right length. i had a 3D-4D ultrasound yesterday and our baby girl is doing well, she is head down and was sucking her thumb and covering her face with her hands during the ultrasound. it was neat even though the pictures are not as clear as i would have hoped. well i wish you the best and let us know your progress!!! :)

madison - January 23

oops this is not the same "juju" as i thought, sorry for the confusion!

MAT - January 24

I would hesitate to induce unless the doctor had a pretty convincing argument related to the health of the baby. Women can push out pretty big babies - 10-12 pounds is not unheard of. There are women who have smaller pelvic openings who have trouble, but doctors won't know until you are actually in labor if it will be a problem. (An OB told me that yesterday!) I have talked to a lot of women who got induced only to find out that the doctor was wrong about the size or the due date! One woman's baby actually needed a bit of extra help from the nurses to eat because they induced too early. If you are not totally comfortable with it, push back! It really is your decision. This is one of the first of many difficult parenting decisions - make sure you feel good about the decision you make. Good luck, whatever you decide to do.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?