Itching-pg113862931018

2 Replies
LB15 - January 30

I am hoping someone can help with this. I am in week 33 of my pregnancy and woke up last night with a terribly itchy feeling in my hands and legs. Scary as it has never happened before. Is this somethign to be concerned about? I don't even have an itchy belly so this is freaking me out. Has it happened to anyone so late in the pregnancy? Does it mean anything?? Pls help girls!

Z.nina - January 30

as far as i know itching is very normal during pregnancy, i saw in a website that some pregnant women may experience some redness in their cheeks as well,lucky for me the itching is just in my belly.goodluck and try to ask your doctor about that.

Heather - January 30

Hi LB15, I am in week 34 and a few weeks ago my feet started itching terribly. My doctor told me to see a dermatologist. I have done a lot of research on it and there is one condition that could be very serious. It has something to do with your liver not functioning as well and bile starts to back up which is very dangerous. Another one that I found which isn't as serious is PUPPPS. They can't really do anything for it and will go away on its own after you deliver but is very uncomfortable till then. I have found relief from Aveeno Oatmeal baths and Aveeno anti itch cream which my doctor said both are safe. Also cold compresses help alleviate some of the itchyness. I would definitely call your doctor - I am demanding a blood test to check my liver functions just to be on the safe side. I hope this helps. Good Luck!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion