Maternity Leave-pg112853134918

13 Replies
Shannon - October 5

hi, i have 18 more days left and while i'm working less hours i'm getting more and more concerned about when i should go on maternity leave. i have the papers i need to fill out but i'm not sure when i want to turn them in. i want as much time with the baby after i give birth but i don't want to be at work when i go into labor, so i was thinking of going a few days before. but then, what if i'm late? i watched a show of TV where the woman was like 2 weeks late! i'm conflicted. when are you guys going on maternity leave??

SRG - October 5

I am due on Nov 10th.....I keep saying I am working until Oct. 28th, but some days I feel like I won't last. But I am giong to try to stick it out.

Heidi - October 5

I'm going to work up to my due date or until I'm not comfortable at work anymore. I sit behind a desk so I should be okay. I'm just playing it by ear I guess. I'm due the 21st.

Carol - October 5

I am due on Nov. 15 and my last day is Nov. 8. I am leaving a week early, but my doctor said that I could be induced on the 16th if I wanted. My fear is also that I will go into labor at work. I teach school and haven't made any plans for a sub if I leave before then....oh well. I really worry about my water breaking at school......how embara__sing!

Tigerphoenix - October 5

Im due on Wed the 26th so I will be making my last day of work the 21st (Friday). My doctor told me it was a good Idea to take off about 4 days to a week before your due date just in case. Hope this helps

Heidi - October 5

I don't care if my water breaks at work. Ha ha! I'm only a few blocks from home and the hospital is about a mile across town. No stop signs either. Ha ha! Small town.

kris A. - October 5

This makes me nervous too... I plan on working up to the moment, and am just praying my water doesn't break at work or on the commute to or from... I just will be watching for 'signs' like a hawk...

Kim - October 5

I am working up until the 28th and I am due on the 31st. I am nervous about it too, but I will slow down a bit for the last two weeks. Knowing that I'll be off for 3-4 months after with my baby is my biggest comfort right now and that will make it all worth it to me.

kim j - October 5

you ladies are so lucky... i am self employed so i will not get anytime off.My hubby and I have our own childcare and will only close for about a week. I keep telling myself atleast i will be home but it will be hard having a newborn and having to take care of so many other kids. GL

Ruth - October 5

I am due October 8th and I left on maternity on September 13th. 4 weeks ahead of time. I get 12 weeks from work, that's why I chose to leave earlier. It's nice to have the last few weeks before my first baby is here as a peaceful, quite and relaxing time....

lisa - October 6

i left at 35 weeks and sooooooooo glad i did, i know its sometimes boring at home but trust me im now 38 weeks and couldnt posiibly entertain the idea of going anywhere all day, i go into town for about an hour and it takes me all afternoon to recover

MELISSA K - October 6

WELL I AM DUE THE 26TH OF OCT. I AM TAKING A LEAVE AS OF MON THE 10TH. HOWEVER WITH MY JOB I CAN WORK FROM HOME. I AM FINISHING UP THE LAST TOUCHES ON THE COMPUTER TO MAKE SURE EVERYTHING WILL WORK. I AM TIRED AND FEAR THAT IF I DO NOT GO AHEAD AND REST I WILL BE EXHAUSTED BY THE TIME THIS BABY GETS HERE. I THINK WHENEVER YOU FEEL YOU NEED TO TAKE LEAVE, DO NOT STRESS YOURSELF OUT, BELEIVE ME I HAVE BEEN, AND IT IS NOT WORTH IT.

Steph - October 6

I am due on Nov. 25th and plan on starting my leave 2 weeks before my due date, unless otherwise requested by my doctor. This is my first, so I think I am going to be glad to have some time before the baby comes to rest and make sure everything is ready the way I would like it to be and not worry too much about being at work when I go into labor - good luck.

Karen - October 6

Shannon, not to get your hopes up, but where I live they allow you to take up to a month of time off before your baby, I chose not to I only took a week off before my baby was born and thought that I would get more time afterwards which I did not. They said that it is very rare to get the full time off afterwards, some of that time is meant for before the labor, it sucked big time. Hope this does not happen to you. I only got the 6 weeks and that was it

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion