Measurements-pg11902601698

5 Replies
lmk - September 19

So, I'm 35w3d and I had an appt today with my OB. She measured me at 33-34cm, which is what I measured 2 weeks ago. It was a different OB 2 weeks ago...is it possible that they measure differently??? I'm a little worried about this, even though my boy is moving around every day...The OB said she wasn't worried...can the measurement be different based on how the baby is positioned too?

DDT - September 20

Yes, the way the baby is positioned can affect the measurement. You baby could also be dropping...this happened to me at 35-36wks. I was always a cm "behind" thereafter.

crrodgers - September 20

I have come to the conclusion that every doctor has a different opinion, two weeks ago one doctor told me I was 1.5-2 cm dilated and today, a different doctor said I was just 1 cm....I get different things from different doctors all the time.

jill-78 - September 23

I agree. Doctors measure differently. My usual doctor always measured me right on schedule. I went to another one and he measured me at 26 wks when I was 28. I went in to my regular doctor last week and I measured 31 wks and was 30 1/2.

Buffi R. - September 23

I posted something about this recently too, where I measured 30 weeks when I was 26 weeks along. I got lots of replies that belly measurements can be very inaccurate. I did some of my own research on this too, and read that even something like how full your bladder is can affect the measurement.

lmk - September 23

Thanks for everyone's replies...the baby has been kicking and moving, so that's comforting.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?