Measurements -pg117396201126

12 Replies
Kristin11 - March 15

I am curious ladies, my doctor wont be doing another ultrasound and i havent had one since I was 20 weeks. How were you measuring as far as the cm they take at your appointments and how did it comepare with your due date. Also how big was the baby when they were born? I just wonder because my first baby was 6lbs 5oz and 21 inches long and she was 4 weeks early, so she was a pretty large baby for her gestational age and i am worried that my son is going to be bigger, Thanks ladies.

Faye84 - March 15

Kristin this probably wont help you out much But I am Measuring a week ahead and At my 20 week ultrasound she was also measuring a week ahead. obviously i havent had her yet so im not sure how big she really is.

Kristin11 - March 15

Thanks Faye, i just wish i was lucky like some of the other girls and they would give me another ultrasound, but nope. I hoep he isnt too big i guess i will find out in 4 1/2 or less.

Faye84 - March 15

lol same here. Thats right your due date is coming up... lucky you!!

Kristin11 - March 15

I swear the closer it gets the longer it takes though lol. I cant wait till April 16th woohoo. God i hope he isnt late. lol I already told my hubby that if the baby is late i am jumping on my daughters trampoline till he falls out lol.

ejmeskan - March 15

Kristin, like Faye mine was measuring a week big at my ultrasound but now I am right now track-exactly the same any my due date. So I don't know!!! :) Good luck! I am due May 21st so you think of me when you have the sweet little guy in your arms in the beginning of May! :)

lunamoo - March 15

6 lbs 5 oz is not large for that gestational age, so if it goes as they say that woman usually (granted there are not complications) give birth to babies of simliar size, expect number 2 to be around 7 1/2 to 8 pounds if born around term..perfect size!

Kristin11 - March 15

i was 36 weeks, and yes i was told by the hospital that most babies at 36 weeks average 4lbs or so and there was a girl due at the same time as me that delivered a 4lb 4 oz baby at the same gestantional age. My brothers girlfriend just had her baby it weighed 6lbs 9 oz and she was 2 weeks early. Babies gain about 1/2 lb to 3/4 of a pound of fat a week and my daughter was definetly above average in height for her gestational age.

Kristin11 - March 15

Oh and my doctor said that she would have been close to 9lbs at birth, had she made it to full term.

Carly67 - March 15

My OB does not do fundus measurements he says they are not reliable and he hates them. I have been having growth sonograms since I think week 26 every 4 weeks and they are much more reliable.

Carly67 - March 15

Oh at my last sono last Friday at 35 weeks 6 days my baby was 6lbs. 9oz. My first three were all full term and were 8 lbs 5 oz, 8lbs 3 oz and 8lbs 12 oz. So with him gaining at least 1/2 lb a week he is on track for that weight.

Kristin11 - March 15

carly how big were your other children? Is it true that each child is larger then the last?

lunamoo - March 16

Hi Kristin11, Among the many websites I have read including the one here about fetal development, the average weight for a 36 week old is 6 pounds. Check it out by going to the left of here and click on "Stages of Pregnancy". Also babies do not grow 3/4 of a pound a week. Again check it out. I don't want to sound like a stickler but from the many many posts here about induction due to size--usually due to big rather than small--doctors are so often wrong. So again, I believe that if your baby is so far at the 50th percentile for weight, it would be safe to a__sume that she/he will continue on that curve the final 4 weeks, that is gaining about 1/2 pound a week and probably a bit less the last 2 weeks. Correct me if I am wrong and let us know when you deliever. Good luck!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?