Measuring Small-pg113718424318

2 Replies
cle - January 13

I'm 33 weeks and at my dr's appt on Wednesday, I was told I was measuring small. Dr thinks it's because she's still laying more sideways rather than head down. But just to make sure I'm scheduled for an u/s this upcoming Wednesday. Why all of a sudden after 33 weeks is something not normal at one of my appts .. Is this something I should be concerned about? Could something be going wrong so late into the pregnancy or could it be that I'm just having a smaller baby?

reesh - January 15

Dr.'s have a very big checklist of things they need to go thru in order to cover their b___ts and make sure you are definately okay. Often times women go for needless testing just so they can be absolutely sure everything is fine. I have measured small my entire pregnancy and am now 37 weeks and like you, needing an ultrasound just to double check the baby is growing okay and living in enough amniotic fluid. I have found it very frustrating this whole pregnancy everytime I get measured as I just can't understand how they can base the growth of billions of different sized women on one measurement. I am a small person so I am obviously not going to be as big as everyone else. Anyways, good luck, let me know how your ultrasound turns out...

Claire - January 15

I had the exact same thing happen to me at 31 weeks. I went in for an ultrasound the following week. The baby turned out to be breech but was sitting very low. The Dr. said she was going to be pet_te, but not too small. I wouldn't worry at all. I'd just be thankful that the Dr. is being thorough.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion