Mucous Plug-pg111910481818

3 Replies
crystal - June 18

I am due on july 13th, however i had a dr appt this past tuesday and was told i am 2cm dilated. The tuesday before that i was 1 cm. So i went one cm in a week. Now every time i go to use the bathroom i have a white snotty discharge in my underwear. Was just wondering if this is my mucous plug that i am losing and if so does this mean i can go into labor soon?

Sabrina - June 18

Losing the mucous plug indicates that a pregnant woman's cervix is beginning to thin and open. Some women feel this happen and others don't. A woman may see a clump of mucous along with some bloody show. This may occur a week or two before labor starts or it may occur when the woman goes into labor.... I quoted that from the book: What to Expect When You Are Expecting. I would a__sume that because you are dilating, it allowed your plug to escape for easily. "Snotty discharge" to me sounds exactly like your mucous plug. It doesn't always have blood in it. Losing it is definitely a precurser to labor. However, you might still have a couple weeks before active labor begins. Hope this helps and good luck!

crystal - June 18

thank you sabrina yes that did help.

nelly - June 21

I was wondering the same thing because the last few days I have had snotty discharge literally pooring out of me and it would not stop so I called and talked to a nurse and she said it was an infection and it would go away and it didnt and I went to the doctor for my regular checkup and told him and he said it sounds like I am losing my plug and did not say how long it could possibly be before labor and I was curious. This is my 2nd pregnancy and I never seen my plug with her because I lost it during labor. I had no idea what it was supposed to look like but he said like snot and thats right on for me.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?