Mucus Plug-pg115029881218

4 Replies
Trinity102203 - June 14

I lost my mucus plug today (no blood) and today I am due. Since I am 40 weeks, could it really still mean that I could have to be induced, or does this mean that maybe something is happening? Anyone still have to get induced when lost mucus plug at 40 weeks?

krista-lee - June 14

something is definetly happening. when i lost my plug i was already in labor for 6 hours (not painful labor at all) and i was 3 cm 100% then.

Trinity102203 - June 14

Well, I agree that something is happening, at least a step in the right direction, but unfortunately I can pretty much gaurantee that I am not in labor because I lost the bulk of the plug at 10:00 this morning and it is now 11:00 p.m., so if i am in labor, boy am I in for a ride!!!! Tomorrow I am officially overdue and was hoping that this was a good sign. Somehow I doubt it. I keep on having a lot of gooey stuff (tmi) throughout the day though. Who knows. None of it is pink or brown---all yellow and thick.

Emily - June 15

With my first, I lost my plug on Thursday night and had my dd Usnday night. Friday not much happened but cramps here and there. Saturday I woke up at 3am with contractions every fifteen minutes. Sat night around 10pm I noticed my water was leaking and I had my dd sunday at 9pm. I was 41 weeks and 1 day when I had her. This time around I started losing it last Thrusday when I was at 37 weeks 5 days. I am now 38 weeks and 5 days and noticed I am having more of it as discharge. It can take up to 2 weeks after begining to lose your plug. With my dd it was pinkish or brownish at times. This time it is just think and yellow or clear. My doc said sometimes it is tinged with blood and sometimes not. I am going to be induced on Monday if I dont' start full b__wn labor by then. I had a big first baby and my cerivx is soft and 2cm dilated. My doc gave me the choice, he wasn't going to force me, but gave us teh optiona nd we took it....so if no baby this weekend, I will have one on Monday. I will be 39 weeks and 2 days then.....

Trinity102203 - June 15

Wow, how lucky to have yuours at 39 weeks. I had my first daughter at 38.5 weeks. It was nice. Kind of didn't know when to expect it, no waiting, just happened. Now I am frustrated beyond belief. Today is 40 weeks 2 days and I am just sort of mad at my body now. Good luck on Monday, but hopefully it will happen for you by then.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion