Mucus Plug-pg119046469318

5 Replies
fitzerin - September 22

So I think I lost my mucus plug last night, well at least part of it. When I wiped I had what looked like a giant booger on the toilet paper...but it was completely clear. Isn't it supposed to be a color? Just curious.

Tory1980 - September 22

Not all the time. Sometimes it can be straw coloured, sometimes mixed with a little blood or in the case of my sister bright red and lots of it! It could be it so watch out for more or regular tightenings - not just contractions!

fitzerin - September 22

Thanks. I was just confused because I always heard that it would be colored. Isn't it the same as "bloody show"? Or is that something different?

tk07 - September 22

it is technically the same as bloody show but it doesn't have to have blood in it. mine was sort of a clear snotty gel like thing that came out in pieces. but yesterday i had some blood tinged mucus, so hopefully my baby is coming soon! because i lost my mucus plug like 2 weeks ago.

Tory1980 - September 22

I know it is often called a bloody show but I know mine wasn't! I didn't notice losing my plug with any of my babies so far and with my first I was 6cms and my waters ahd gone, my second I was at term and my third (granted) they induced at 37weeks. My sister had a 'bloody show' - her whole toilet was bright red and it freaked her and me out! Unfortunately not all women have such a strong indication that labour is starting!

fitzerin - September 22

thanks for all your help ladies. it's hard to tell what's going on sometimes...i mean i read the books and everything, but since every labor is different it's hard to know what's going on at times.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?