Mucus Plug -pg113268908518

3 Replies
jen - November 22

last night when i wiped i had a glob (size of quarter) of pink yuckiness on the toilet paper, and had to wipe a few times for it to go away. this morning when woke up i had a tiny bit more but with a streak of bright red blood, so i called my dr. and she said it could be old blood, she said if it was my plug it would come out in one big glob, but i have read that it can come little by little, and can be pink/reddish in color also. she knows i have been having sporatic contractions since last saturday, and im 30 weeks pregnant. any thoughts or comments? thanks!

hum - November 22

im no expert, but i thought old blood was more brown in color? maybe you can go to labor and delivery and have them check you out if the doctor doesnt seem too concerned. good luck!

Jen- - November 22

It can come out in pieces, mine has last time and this time. I was told old blood is more brownish too and new is red.

mom to be - November 23

Hi Jen, i was 30 weeks also when this started to happen to me, i went in they checked out my cervix it was soft so they kept me over night for observations and they gave me my shots for the baby lungs incase i went into preterm labor, i was having some contractions at the time as well. i am 36 weeks tomorrow and since then nothing has happened.....i'd go get checked out just to be sure and ease your mind, nothing worse then stressing out !!! good luck take care

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?