Nasal Spray-pg110859652618

6 Replies
Fay - February 16

Does anyone know why using medicated nasal spray is prohibited during pregnancy? And anyone know a good home remedy to relieve nasal congestion?

Alison - February 17

The only thing that I dare use for nasal congestion is the breath right nasal strips when I go to bed, helps!

Q - February 18

I know that Afrin nasal spray is a Category C for pregnancy....that's a no no! I don't know about anything else. I hate hate hate to have a stuffy nose ,so here is what I do! Before I go to sleep, I put on a breath right nasal strip, I use Simply Saline nasal spray (it is just saline...so it is safe) and put vicks vapor rub on under my nose. I can't say that it clears me up completely, but allows me to go to sleep and stay asleep for most of the night. Sometimes I wake up and have to reaply the spray and rub, but not too often. It's what works for me!!

Shawn - February 22

Try "Sinu Cleanse" netty post and saline packets.You can get it at Walgreen's. I was told by my doctor that Afrin causes contractions in mice.

Darren - April 20

Thanks to Shawn above! My pregnant wife was SUFFERING to the point of crying because of her sinuses. Your tip to use Sinu Cleanse REALLY helped her a lot. She can breathe easier now which means I can too :)

Candy - April 20

My doctor said not to take the sprays but that I could still take a decongestant. I use Zyrtec D (has to be the D for nose congestion). Check with your doctor but mine said that was fine and Sudafed too. It works great for me.

Ca__sie - April 21

Afrin listed by it's generic name is on the "safe" list for pregnancy........at least by my doctor. I used it once a day for 2 days and I felt MUCH better.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion