Pain In Hands-pg114234963818

7 Replies
ry - March 14

I have an arthritic painful feeling in my hands and fingers, they are not really swollen but it hurts so really bad when i try to make a fist or grasp something. is this normal?

karen - March 14

I don't know if it's normal, but I kind of have that too. They feel sore and they feel swollen, even though they're really not. They don't hurt bad--just mildly. How far along are you? I'm 34 weeks...maybe this gets worse as you get further along?

Drew - March 14

You may have carpal tunnel, which can be common during pregnancy, and should subside after baby comes. It can be particularly bad if you have a job that requires repet_tive hand motions, such as computer work ect, or if you like to knit, crochet, ect. The only thing you can really do to help it is Tylenol, and heat or cool...which ever feels best. It's still worth asking your doctor about though!

Romi - March 14

It sounds like carpal tunnel. I have it now at 35 weeks and had it in my last trimester with my first pregnancy. You may notice at night when your sleeping you may get it really bad in one hand more than the other. Try putting a splint on your hand so it stays straight the pain will be a lot less.

Maria - March 14

I know how you must feel. I am 40wks and my due date is this Friday.I was so swollen that I had to take off my wedding ring and that's the only ring that I wear. Same with my feet. But the dr told me just to take it easy on the salt with everything that I eat. For some reason and I don't know why but salt makes a pregnant women swollen.

Amanda R - March 14

Yep. Carpal Tunnel. I have noticed it just recently when doing repet_tive hand movements. Using pliers, holding a garden hose handle...I find that taking small breaks when it begins to hurt helps. Also shaking my hand vigorously to get the blood flowing better. Hang in there!! It is supposed to subside after delivery!

First time mom - March 14

I have the same pain feelings in my fingers but only when I wake up in the morning and the pain will hurt all day if I make a fist. I don't know why it's like this but I'm going to ask my doctor on my next appt Just wanted to let you know that you are not the only one out there. Oh also I read somewhere where they talk about you can get carpal tunnel while you are pregnant. Not sure though, I have to recheck on that one.

AML - March 14

I have this feeling too! It gets worse when I cut hair (not sure if thats the only reason) But It started to get really noticeable in the beginning of my pregnancy. Now its not so bad but its still there!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion