Pains-pg114712859118

8 Replies
AML - May 8

i am experiencing some pains in my va___a. They are so intense that I cannot stand up. I have to sit down. I get them quite often too. They stop me in my tracks! Does this have to do with dialalting?

ash2 - May 8

how far along are you ? i have been having these for about 3 weeks now and i am 37 weeks. what it is, is that the baby's head is pushing down on your cervix which causes sharp pain. my dr. explained it as not dialating, but maybe going earlier than 40 weeks. that the baby has dropped. it is ecspecially bad when you bend down or try to pick something up.

AML - May 8

I will be 37 weeks Friday. The pain does get worse when I bend down or even walk actually! Sometimes I get it sitting too. I also get this pain in my b___t! lol

AML - May 8

Does s_x REALLY help bring on labor? Not that I'm going to try right away, but maybe in a week or so! lol

krista-lee - May 8

ive had the same paions too since about 34 weeks. i asked the doc at my last appointment and he said its just that the baby is dropped, so the head is pushing against the cervical area. as for the b___t pains, its the same deal, babys pushing against your bowels as well : ) im 37 weeks 3 days today =]

AML - May 8

Good to know the end is near lol!

krista-lee - May 8

yes s_x does help ! when me and the BF has s_x around 34 weeks i lost my mucus plug, and now after s_x i get really bad contractions (doc said its helping baby get down farther) and since we have s_x about... 4 times a week, its been helping my progress a lot ! i heard that theres something in sperm that helps soften the cervix, i think thats true!

AML - May 8

This might be a stupid question (i'm a first timer! lol) but does everyone lose their mucus plug? I'm so full of questions and concerns tonight! lol

Amanda R - May 9

Eventually yes, everyone loses their plug. However it's not always prior to labor and sometimes you can lose it and not even know it!! Once you dilate enough so it won't stay in the 'hole' then out it comes. One thing to add to your original question...I have had several friends of mine say that during labor/dilation that they felt a burning in their crotch (not talking about crowning) just the actual dilation. Hope that helps some!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion