Please Help -pg114830580918

4 Replies
jmnoonan - May 22

I am due July 11th and still traveling into town (boston) to work. It is about a 1 1/2 hour commute. I leave the house at 7am and do not get home till 6:30pm. Is anyone else still commuting like this. With the lack of sleep I am experiencing and dealing with gestational diabetes I fell like this is taking a HUGE toll on my body. I get so tired I get dizzy during the day at work and have to sit with my eyes closed and concentrate on breathing for a couple minutes to make it go away. My poor husband has to deal with me at the end of the day, by that time I am so tired I am near tears when I get off the train. I guess I am just hoping to have someone to talk to about this. Sorry for the long winded whining, but I just feel the need to get another pregnant womans opinion on this.

sooodone - May 22

I saw your post & had to reply!!! I too commute into Boston every day via train (1.5 commute each way) & I'm due in 2 weeks w/my second child. My last day at work is this Friday... My husband also works fulltime. Trust me, I completely understand what you are going through.. my pregnancy has been healthy/normal..(thank goodness) so I haven't had to worry about that.. but, the extreme fatigue of commuting/working/taking care of my child & house is horrible! I am up atleast 3 times a night to use the bathroom & then wake up everytime I roll over. I believe it's nature's way of preparing you ahead of time for all the night feedings! Luckily I work for a great company & am married to a wonderful man. My husband & I have really gotten our "routine" down to a science (in terms of household/child duties) that it makes things run much smoother.... He has taken on more during the last few months, but understands that I'm exhausted by the time I get home.... I'm in bed by 8:30!...& up by 5:30 the next morning. Try to be good to yourself in the next few weeks before the baby comes...because, for me anyways, the first 3 months of parenthood were the hardest....in terms of lack of sleep.. it really does take a toll on you! Once you get in the groove of things..it will get easier....I promise!

jmnoonan - May 22

Thank you so much for your reply. I am new here as well so it makes it twi ce as hard. I found out I was pergnant 2 days after I was hired. SO juggling the time off for doctor's appointments (which are near my home so time consuming) is crazy. My husband has picked up alot of the slack as well. It is so funny to see him doing laundry, and remembering to seperate the whites and darks! I only have 7 weeks left and am contemplating having June 30th be my last day at work just to give myself a couple of weeks to get everything organized.

miraclebaby - May 22

I am sorry this is happening to you, sooodone is not dealing with the diabetes you are and I am sure its worse for you. I would see about getting out of work earlier if you can. Why chance something happening , if not I suggest going to bed earlier at night and hire someone to clean your house till you have the baby. I don't know if you have a cleaning person or not, but its not really that expensive. I use to mow the lawn last year because my dh has bad allergies and asthma and we had to pay for a lawn care service. I'll tell you what a relief for both of us. Take care and good luck. :) :) :) :) :)

sooodone - May 22

My doctor is also is also near my home...a "quick" appointment takes an entire afternoon & of course, my doctor is never on time..very frustrating! Is work giving you a hard time about taking time off? If you can do it, I would stop working on the 30th & take some time for yourself!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?