Postpartum Depression-pg114072960918

7 Replies
Lindsay - February 23

Ok, so I know this should be in infant care, but for some reason I can't get in there..it won't open. This seems to be the most organized forum so I thought maybe I could find answers in here. I think I have some PPD. My baby is 2 weeks old today...so I don't know if I have it yet as its too early. I can't stop crying, I get so angry at my bf for stupid reasons, I'm very emotionally delicate and its pretty damn severe, I want to stay in my room all the time so I don't have to be around ppl because I can't control my emotions and I feel stupid when I have outbreaks of anger or crying. I feel disconnected from my baby and so my mom has been taking care of her a good deal. I know I sound like a whiney little b*tch, and I AM, and I want to stop being like this but I haven't any control over myself at all. I never used to freak out like this, I'm normally a very stable person and before this had not cried in literally years. What can be done about PPD?? Do I bring up this problem with my OB or go to a pychiatrist or psychologist? Also I've been on medicaid and I know I'm covered for 3 months after birth...but does this count under the coverage or just gyno issues? I don't know if this matters but Im 22, my daughter was 6 weeks premature and I had a vag birth with a really severe episiotomy bc I couldn't push her out even at 4 lbs. She only wakes up about 1-2 times a night and is a good baby so its not her fault, but I can't sleep for c__p bc I have so much running through my head, I'm just not adjusting and I don't know how much longer this can go on before I start hurting people around me (I've been screaming and crying so much, I feel so bad for my bf) I need help, where do I go and what can be done to help me? Will they make me go another 4- 6 weeks to make sure I have PPD? I don't think I can make it that long =(

JennyC - February 23

Lindsay - I only know a little about PPD, but I do know that its good you are seeking some support and recognize that something is up that is out of the ordinary. I definitley think you should bring it up to a doctor or support group. My hospital has support groups for PPD, maybe you could check there? I wouldn't wait if you're feeling like you could hurt people around you. Just know that you definitely aren't alone, and this is something they can help with. There are things that can be done to make it better. Best wishes and good for you for asking for help.

Donna - February 23

The important thing is that if you are concerned about possibly hurting people around you, you should probably see your dr. I don't imagine they'll just put you aside, and they will take your feelings seriously. Good luck.

Lindsay - February 23

oh let me clear something up...I don't feel like I'm going to hurt someone abuse-wise. I would never ever hit or slap or bite kind of hurt anyone. I don't know if I came off that way, but just in case let me clarify, I'm more talking about hurting relationships like mine and my boyfriends because I wont spend time with him and cry and get hurt by little innocent comments I always take the wrong way now, and get angry too easy. I'm just an emotional basketcase and I know it and its hurting my self esteem to watch myself acting like this but I can't seem to stop...its very weird and just doesn't seem normal after childbirth kinda stuff. I don't even know if there's anything I can do about this, but I have to try something soon, I have slept about 5 hours in the last 3 days and I'm driving everyone off.

to Lindsay - February 23

This is normal, even if it's severe. You're not alone. Go talk to someone objective... a counselor or psychologist (beware of the psychiatrist... they'll essentially give you the once-over & prescribe some crazy drugs for you without even really speaking to you for very long)... the other thing is I think Medicaid only lasts for two months after you deliver. That's what they told me here, but maybe it varies from state-to-state. I would check. It'll get better... in time. I wish you luck!

also - February 23

I noticed you said in your second post, Lindsay, that you've only slept 3 hours in 3 days. Honey, that would make ANYONE delusional... & that's not meant as an insult. It's literal. Can you ask someone to watch her for a day while you relax? It would be only human of you... I know some parents feel like failures if they have to ask for help, but we all need help sometimes. Again, good luck!

Luna - February 24

I went through the same very thing with my daughter. I cried all the time and felt frustrated that I didn't know how to take care of my baby. I was extremely sleep deprived on top of that. It went away at abot 1.5-2 months, but looking back at it now, I wish I saw a doc because I do not looking back at the time when the baby was brought hom since I was so miserable - and it should have been a very special time. Your hormones are inbalanced, that's why the mood swings. Call your doc and see if he's prescribe something loght for oyu. Good luck - it does get better so be patient. I am soooo in love with my daughter now and it does get a lot easier.

mama3 to Lindsay - February 24

You need to contact your DR. There are things they can do to help you. PPD is normal. I had it with both my other girls. My doctored offered me meds that can help you relax a little. An meds to help with depression. Counsling is aslo good too. All this will help you deal and move on so you can enjoy your baby. The meds they can give you are aslo safe if you are BF. Keep talking. Come on here anytime you feel the need to let anything out. But please call your DR today. You can go from feeling B*tchy and sad to suicidal or like running away. It happens and doesnt mean your a bad mom either. I know thats how I felt. My DR helped me alot. Please dont wait to call...GL.. Hope you will be doning better soon. An by all means injoy having help with the baby no matter why there helping...

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?