Preclampsia-pg114620780618

4 Replies
BabySage - April 28

what is this?

camgray02 - April 28

Pre-eclampsia is a complication that may happen during pregnancy where the blood pressure goes up (higher than the normal 120/80), there's water retention (edema, usually first seen as swelling of hands and feet), and protein is found in the urine. It's usually a combination of these three.. If you get any of these three signs, tell ur dr immediately. Also if u get sudden severe headaches or see white spots.. If you do get pre-eclampsia, ur dr will put you on bedrest and medications. You may have to be induced during labor, although not all are (I was not induced, but that was b/c my labor progressed so fast, and thank God my bp was stable!).. hope this helps..

Tess - April 29

Is Preclampsia same as toxemia?

Jamie - April 30

Yes, I believe pre-e is the same as toxemia. Other indications are sudden weight gain (I gained 15 pounds in 3 weeks in the first trimester - not supposed to happen!) and low platelets.

Tess - April 30

Jamie- thanks for that info. Reason I was askin was when I went to my 37 wks appt last Friday and they took my weight Ive gained 6 lbs in 1 wk so theyre worried that I might have toxemia. They also took a urine/blood test to see if I really have that.....Oh gosh I hope everything comes back normal. I'll find out the results this Weds. Wish me luck!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?