Question -pg110892321718

3 Replies
hayley - February 20

Hi im 32 weeks pregnant and still dont know much about pregnancy..and this site has helped me alot and learnt me alot of things i didnt know...but what im unsure of is "stripping membrains" can anyone explain to me what it is and what happens thanks

To Hayley - February 20

Stripping the membranes is a technique some doctors use to try to "rev up" labor. It works sometimes and other times, does not. They manually separate the bag of waters from the wall of the uterus. It is mildly uncomfortable to have it done- nothing too bad.

mira - February 20

it's when the doctor strips the membrane away from the uterus wall. it's done to speed up labour if you're overdue(or if your doctor feels he should do it whenever). it is a little painful and concractions should start soon after. the doctor does it with his fingers(gloved)via an internal. i'm no expert or anything but thats just what i learned in childbirth cla__ses. a nieghbor of mine just had it and she said it was awful, her doctor didn't even tell her what he was doing! i'm 2 weeks ahead of you and praying i will go into labour on my own.

hayley - February 21

haha i hope i go into labour on my own aswell.. im getting very nervous now its more near to the time, thanks learnt another new thing :)

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion