Restless Legs -pg117122614330

3 Replies
Atira36 - February 11

I am 32 weeks pregnant and for the last few weeks I have been suffering from restless legs at night. It is so frustrating- I am unable to sleep & sometimes just cry in bed at night just wishing I could make my legs relax. It's effecting me during the day at work & even on the weekends, I lack the energy to do anything productive. I just want a decent night of sleep! I know that some say it's all practice for when baby arrives but I just have to vent. I read that about 10-15% of pregnant women get this & it is thought to be due to lack of iron. I have been taking slow FE in addition to my prenatals for 2 weeks now. Is anyone else out there suffering from this? If so, any tips on relief?

Lovedblessings - February 11

Atira36 Not sure about restless legs however the leg cramps I have been experiencing have been horrible! One of the ladies on another thread suggested bananas, so far that is working. Good luck!!!

crystal74 - February 11

i know what you mean atira36. since about 30-ish weeks i have been having restless leg syndrome. i can't sit still sometimes. i constantly have to move my legs. it gets so irritating and frustrating that i cry too. my husband rubs my calves for me at night when it's the worst. i told my dr. about it and she said it's normal due to all the extra weight your legs are holding up. same with your back. oh i'm 37 weeks

jue - February 12

hi i had severe restless legs whilst preg with my 3rd, he is now 6.5 weeks old and gorgeous ( i am prejudice). i spoke to my doctor about it and he perscribed cuprum which worked a treat, i took 1 tab at bed time and it worked within minutes and gave me a full nights sleep ( except for the 2 toilet trips each night lol). you can get it from either your doctor or your local health shop or ask your chemist. my RLS disappeared after i had my son so there is light at the end of the tunnel. good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?