Size-pg116857401411

16 Replies
LC83 - January 11

Hi Just wondering what is the average weight gain of a baby is from around 34 weeks. I know it varies a lot but just wondering the average. I had a sizing scan done yesterday and my baby is estimated to be 6lb 2oz already and im exactly 34 weeks does anyone know the approximate weight gain that my baby will have before its due thanks

Jenny - January 12

Baby center . com has a fetal chart. It said at 34 weeks you average size is about 4.73 pound. Sounds like you have a big one in there! Good luck, I have a sizing scan on Tuesday, I'll be 33 weeks, my last one was done at 28 weeks and he was already 3.7 pound then. Have you been measuring big?

NICOLE - January 12

i was 4lbs 14oz at 34 weeks

emunah - January 12

Wow! That's one big baby! From 34 weeks onwards, the baby puts on about half a pound per week, so you could technically have a nine pounder if you go full term!

cindernar - January 12

My son was 8 pounds 10 ounces at a little over 38 weeks, so he was probably about that big at that gestational age as well.

lenae - January 12

My first was 8lb 10 oz and my second was 10 lb 2 oz. waiting to see with this one, but this one is a girl, and the others are boys

DueFeb28th - January 13

Ill be 34 weeks on wed (1/17/07), and i had a sizing done on friday. and my baby measured at 6lbs already so we're both having big babys. I just hope my doc's induce me before i go to my due date, cuz in that case my lord the baby will be huge. They sey they grow a half pound a week

crystal74 - January 13

i am due on feb28th too. i wish my dr. told me how big he was but she just tells me i'm measuring normal. i know i feel huge:)

pinkrox87 - January 14

i had a 34 week scan done and they measured my twins at: 7.5lbs and 6.5lbs (crazy i know) but this was done again at 34w and 1 day and they got roughyl the same give or take a few oz' at a COMPLETELY different hospital and my twins were born less than 6 hours later and weighed in at 5lbs 13oz and 4lbs 7oz. ultrasounds can be very different than actual weights. good luck on your little one LC83 and if he is that big now, your gonna have a big one!

LC83 - January 14

Hi thanks so much for your replies wow 1/2lb per week!!! my boy is gonna be big lol. Have measured pretty average for most of the pregnacy up until about 29 weeks. Its pretty scary being told you are having a big baby. I already feel like im going to burst I cant imagine how ill feel in the next few weeks with him getting bigger!! Thanks again guys :)

DownbutnotOUT - January 14

just shy of 30 weeks my daughter was 4 ibs 11 ounces and was born 11 days early and weighed 8 ibs 13 ounces!

DownbutnotOUT - January 14

Oops I should also add with my 1st son at 32 weeks he was 2 ibs some ounces I dont remember. He was 10 days late and weighed 7 ibs 15 ounces

SaraH - January 14

the baby should gain approximately 0.5 lb a week

SaraH - January 14

Opps submited too soon. Anyways, if you figure 0.5 lb's a week (I've heard that this 0.5 lb a week changes at about 38 w but not possitive) the baby will be approximately 9 lb's at 40 w.

maryl14 - January 15

the book what to expect when expectins says a half a lb a week but that is just their estimate

ShaunaLeigh - January 15

Wow, yeaa they say that babies from that point on gain about half a pound a week! that's a bigggg baby! my lil guy was born at 37 weeks & weighed 6'4... & my other son was 7'2.... & was born right at 40 weeks.

sahmof3 - January 15

I have to say...u/s's are not always accurate, but I'll post my experiences... My daughter was (u/s) estimated to be 4 lbs. 7 oz. at 32 weeks and was born at 38 weeks 4 days weighing 8 lbs. 3 oz. My youngest son was estimated to be a pound at 17 weeks (more than twice the normal size at that week)... I never had a later u/s with him, but I measured huge (I measured 42 weeks at 32 weeks lol but I had already had two kids + I am overweight to start with) and he was 10 lbs. 6 oz. 22 3/4". Interestingly I measured normal with my oldest and he was 9 lbs. 5 oz. !!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?