Spotting After Internal Exam-pg113166136318

3 Replies
Jena - November 10

Hello ladies. I had an internal exam yesterday morning, and began to notice a brown, thick discharge yesterday afternoon and have had it all day today. I have heard that some women spot after their exams, but this was the 5th one and I have never had it before. Also, the color is not a brown like old blood, it is kind of a caramel color...sorry for TMI, but it's the only way I know how to describe it. Any advice?

JL - November 10

I just had an internal exam on Monday and spotted for 2 days afterwards. My doc told me to expect that. If you are panicking, call your doc, but I am sure what you are seeing is OK.

C-A - November 22

I had an internal last week and I'm still spotting on and off. Just keep an eye on yourself and call your doc. Eventually my spotting is supposed to go away as I've been told as long as I have no cramping. The discharge can last for a week as I've been told.

Ca__sie - November 22

My first internal was last week and I "spotted" pretty well.... I would actually call it more like bleeding than spotting. But I called about it and she said if it tapered off, I was fine. It did. Also, if it is brown or caramel, then I think it is old blood. Bright red, continuous blood is what ya have to worry about. Always call when in doubt though.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?