Stripping Of Membranes-pg114428473718

7 Replies
Samantha1213 - April 5

Hi, I am 39 weeks and 2 days, just wondering if anyone's doctor has stripped their membranes. My doctor did it today and said if it worked it will cause me to go into labor in the next 24 hours. Has anyone ever had this done and did it work? Just curious, Thanks!

Trinity102203 - April 6

I did, but it took me two days to go into labor. I hope to have the same done this time but at about 38 weeks.

MelodyB - April 7

Hey Samantha1213...I had membranes stripped at 38 weeks and it did not work at all. But, the doc did it again at 39 weeks and I had my baby the next day. It really is a hit or miss kind of thing.

Samantha1213 - April 7

Well I had that done on Wednesday and yesterday I started losing my mucous plug and it had blood in it and now today I am still losing it and I have really bad cramps down there. Does this mean labor is soon??

Emily - April 7

I would say baby is on the way!

Nora1 - April 7

What does stripping the membranes mean? Sorry, never been through this before!

Samantha1213 - April 7

Thanks Emily!! I hope you're right! NOra- They go in while they are checking your cervix and kind of sweep their fingers around your cervix and sometimes it causes labor to come on. I am new at this to so I think thats what it does.

Nora1 - April 10

Thanks Samantha! I guess I'll find all of this out for myself very soon now! :)

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion