Third Trimester-pg112914172518

16 Replies
Jennifer - October 12

Hello: I will be 29 weeks tomorrow! Yeah!! I was wondering when I should pack a bag for the hospital just to be on the safe side and when I should have the car seat installed in my car. If anyone has any advice for me.

Me - October 12

I would say it is a little to soon. But better safe than sorry. I would say around 35 wks or so you can be prepared but if you wanna pack it now and just let it sit ,do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jennifer - October 12

I was thinking of packing it around the middle of Nov. I am just so excited about everything and just can't wait. I am one of those people who has everything ready to go. It is our first child and I am just getting so excitied I don't know what to do with myself. I have other things to do still but these last couple of months just are not going by quick enough!

mariah - October 12

I would say pack it all as soon as you get excited.

Jennifer - October 12

I think Nov will be safe! Just in case we have her early my husband will have no clue. I will start doing my shopping now for it!

MJM - October 12

When are you due Jennifer? I am right behind you. I already registered at the hospital. Actually I did that a few weeks ago. A little soon but when I start thinking about something I have to do it or I will constantly think about it.

Jennifer - October 12

I am due on Dec 30th and can't wait. How about you?

Jaci - October 13

My hospital called me to come in and register. I'm 30 weeks. My dr. is HOPING I can last another 4 but he's not sure I will. My cervix is 2.0 cm, 50% effaced and funneling. I am glad I read this because I have never even thought of having a bag ready or car seat, etc. Thanks!

Jennifer - October 13

I am sure everything will be fine. You know I wonder how they will know if I am dialated at all because they said that they will start internals at about 36 weeks. That seems late to me. Oh if I were you I would get a bag packed, a list of people to call once you have the baby and the car seat put in your car ASAP just in case.

Lesley - October 13

I am almost 39 weeks and still don't have my bag packed.I keep meaning to do it, but can't be bothered. I think the best time to start packing is about 35 weeks, that way it gives you a couple of weeks to sort everything and make sure you have no last min rush in buying things.

Jennifer - October 13

Wow you cutting it close but I guess it is not all that importan because you will have time if you need to throw a few things in a bag and go. Good luck!

Lesley - October 13

LOL Jennifer, my last labour was only 42 mins from beginning to end! I don't even think I am going to make it to the hospital this time. I am usually so organised, but with 2 children to lok after and a house to keep I just can't be bothered.

Jennifer - October 13

You do have other things to do besides pack a bag. See all I have to do is think of our new little baby that is coming to come into our lives sometime in Dec we hope! Well I hope everything works out for you and that you do have enough time to get to the hospital, but you are very luck that it only took you 42 minutes to have the last one. I would take 42 mins over having things organized.

Jaci - October 14

What do I pack in the bag??? LOL!

Jennifer - October 14

From what I have been told and have read. You should pack your stuff such as a comfy outfit to wear after you have the baby. Like PJ or what ever. I am going to pack either yoga pants or a sweat pant outfit. Then some underwear, you might even want to go out and buy yourself some big pads because I heard the ones at the hospital are like big people diapers and are very uncomfy. Then you want to pack and outfit for your baby to come home in and a receiving blanket to wrap her up in. A toothbrush for yourself and any other little things that you think you might want or need. But I think that about does it. Hopefully you and your baby are only in there for the least amount of days so I think that should do it.

Tara - October 14

I would suprisingly suggest packing your bag and the babies diaper bag for the hospital now or around 33 weeks...i am 37 weeks and i've only packed the babies diaper bag and got the carseat together and i just don't feel like doing anything else...i've not started nesting yet...my husband helps alot but he also works so i don't push him too much unless it's his day off...good luck to you..and congrats on making it to the 3'rd trimester..

Jennifer - October 14

I am glad that someone agrees with me. I am going to pack our bags and the car seat stuff at 33 weeks then. I just thought that people would think I was nuts for getting it all together that early! I still am in the mixed of getting her room organized and my house adjusted for a new baby. Let me tell you it has just been my husband and I for 4 years now and we now have all this stuff for the baby and I have no clue where to put it all so it looks neat! That is what I am having a problem with. Oh of course my puppy is wondering what in the world is all this new stuff that is not for him! He is afraid of the swing! He just barks at it and runs by me. He is such a mommys boy!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion