Water Breaking -pg112042984218

4 Replies
sar - July 3

How obvious will it be/can it be when my water breaks? I hear some people have the "gush" and some feel a "trickle."

Kara - July 4

We just did this in antenatal cla__s. Not all women will have their waters break first, it might happen during labour, and if they do break spontaneously, it depends on if your forewaters or hindwaters break. If it's the bag of waters in front of the baby, or forewaters, it will gush and feel like a 'pop', if it's the hind waters, up above the baby, it may leak in a slow trickle. Hope that helps!

Kate - July 4

Well I just woke up this morning, rolled over and had a trickle come out! Don't think it's urine because it doesn't smell. Not sure what to do as I'm not having contractions and not sure if that was my waters breaking or not. I'm almost 39 weeks pregnant. Does anyone have any advice?

playitagainsam - July 4

Your pract_tioner should have swabs that can be run across the outside of your v____a to detect whether it is amniotic fluid or urine. Although it's not an emergency if it is amniotic fluid (since you're so far along), it would be good to know so you can avoid swimming, bathing, and your pract_tioner can give you advice if labor does not start spontaneously.

anne - July 4

only 1 in 10 women have their water break to kick start labour, so don't rely on it. most women have their waters break as the baby is coming out. i know, it would be great to have a solid sign like that to know when we will go into labour, but its not always the case,

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion