New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password? Need Help?  
Jenn2 - April 12th, 2006 6:35 PM

I was just curious as to when other ladies noticed their babies dropping down? Do you know the average, or when the baby is suppose to drop? What does that mean in terms of when labor will start (if anything)?

meme - April 12th, 2006 6:51 PM

My baby dropped over a period of weeks... the early 30s 'til now, which is nearly 39 weeks.

ash2 - April 12th, 2006 7:20 PM

iv noticed that my baby is dropping a little. it is when your stomach seems lower and your stomach is not sitting on your chest !!

ash2 - April 12th, 2006 7:20 PM

iv noticed that my baby is dropping a little. it is when your stomach seems lower and your stomach is not sitting on your chest !! oy yeah, im 33 weeks.

Tess - April 12th, 2006 7:24 PM

Well from what Ive heard and read..it usually happens during or after your 36 wks.

Cecille - April 12th, 2006 8:55 PM

My first one dropped six weeks before I went into labor. He was 5 days late. Please don't let that discourage anyone. All of my midwifes thought he would be early. I'm 38 weeks now with another boy. He has not dropped, but my doctor says that doesn't matter after your first baby. She said he I will probably go into labor before he would drop. I had an appointment yesterday and he is lower, but not engaged.She is inducing me next Tuesday morning. Good luck !

Nora1 - April 13th, 2006 9:43 AM

So, what exactly is considered "dropping"? Is it once baby turns head down (which mine is now, at 29 weeks), or is it once the head actually enters the birth ca___l?

maxsmom - April 13th, 2006 10:24 AM

I am 36 weeks and I believe that I dropped last night. I know this can be a gradual thing, and it has been up til now. All night my hips were aching and I was feeling a lot of pressure down there. When I got up and showered this morning my husband remarked that my stomach looked more narrow but much more oblong and that_t was lower. WHen I looked in the mirror- he was right!!!! Also, I noticed some minor stretch marks on my very low abdomen that I know I didn't have before. I always do a tummy check when I lube up each day. Do you think this could happen this quickly??????

kh - April 13th, 2006 2:12 PM

Nora1, dropping happens before the baby actually enters the birth ca___l. It doesn't matter whether baby is head down or not--just when they get lower into the pelvic area. Sometimes it's called lightening in the books.

Nora1 - April 13th, 2006 3:44 PM

kh, thank you!

ADD A COMMENT:

Please login or register to post on this thread.
Start A New Discussion