Baby Name -pg123484755617

6 Replies
newbaby2009 - February 17

Ok my due date is 2 days away and we still dont have a name decided. We named our 1st daughter Rylie Adrienne after daddy. Hes Ryan Andrew. We wanted to stay with the same initals but cant find a name we like with them. The only one we like is Rylan Addison but we call Rylie Ry-Ry and that would be short for this one as well. But we dont want our second daughter to be hurt someday that she didnt get named after daddy as well. So we thought maybe we could use Rylan as a middle name since thats still after daddy. Im so tired of looking through baby names and not finding anything. Any suggestions? A few we're considering..McKinley Rylan, Kylie Rylan (after her big sister).

jenna32 - February 17

I don't think it would really hurt her. it is just a name. sorry i don't have any suggestions,just a thought.

DDT - February 17

Personally I don't like Kylie. Kylie & Rylie? just sounds too much the same. I would go with McKinley Rylan. It has a nice ring to it. And I agree with jenna32. She won't feel hurt that she didn't get named after her Dad. Having a name of her own that doesn't mimic her sister's name will make her feel more special IMO. Good luck!!

newbaby2009 - February 17

I definately dont think its "just" a name. Its very important. And we think its cute for their names to be similar. Another reason we're considering Rylan. But the main circ_mstance is my fiance is a sprint car driver, and will eventuallly race under the name RAM Racing. ( his initials and Rylies initals) Rylies name is on daddys car and we wanted this babys to be as well of course. Racing is our life so this child would definately feel left out in that aspect.

DDT - February 17

Well, it looks like you've already made your decision. Whatever name you pick for your daughter will be perfect for her. I am sure neither of us wanted you to be put into a defensive stance. We were simply giving our opinion just like you asked. Just pick a name that appeals to you, and has the most meaning.

DDT - February 17

what about Addison Rylan? Switching the original pick around?

jenna32 - February 21

if it was my kid i'd want it named something similar to my name then instead. Since it's a girl maybe she'd be hurt she wasn't named after you as well?maybe you can find one ? Yes,names are important in a way i guess. But personally i wouldn't feel too left out over one, i mean plus, you can't force your children to have the same interests as you. Sorry if i've offended you in any way, i feel like maybe i have. i really haven't meant to. Ryla? ry-anne?(or rayanne or re-anna but i guess it wouldn't quite be the same).

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?