HELP Pg1240244106

3 Replies
2boys - April 20

I have a 3 year old and an 18 months old. My 3 years old sometimes pushes the little one out of the way or for no reason these days and causes harm. I've tried to explain to him the dangers of pushing and even punished him. Today he pushed his brother whose head hit the edge of the couch. Now my younger ds has a bruise and swelling. I'm in the midst of a terrible seperation and I can see my husband using this against me. I'm terrified of that as well. How do I prevent these accidents or rough housing? Sometimes it happens so quickly!!!!

jenna32 - April 21

how do you punish him?time outs?

2boys - April 21

Yes. I also take the time to explain to him that pushing and shoving can cause "b___boos". I don't want this aggressive behavior to get worse than it is. Right now he's generally a good boy and nice to his brother but this bullying is happening more often than it used to. Sometimes it's just rough housing too and I know he's a boy but I'm worried.

kimberly - April 23

I have 2 boys also they are a bit older 5 and 10 but I use timeouts with both of them for hitting or shoving. My 10 year old is a bit old for a timeout but it embarrases him and seems to work better then anything else. I tell him if he wants to hit like a younger child then he can be put in timeout like a younger child. Consistancy is key with my 5 year old. If he hits he gets timeout too but if I am not consistant say he didn't do it hard so I give in and don't put him there, a hour later there will be a major b__w that did hurt, so I have learned to be very consistant, don't let anything slide. Even if you know it caused no harm, it is still agressive and should be taken care of. Consistancy!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion