June 2007 Mommies November Get Out And Vote

87 Replies
momtbc - November 3

That thread was waaayyy toooooo loooonnngggg! haha! And, it's November - Don't forget to vote tomorrow! Imp- I would definitely call your doctor and ask them what to do. Aren't you on Yaz? I thought that was one of the side effects. How are you 100% positive? And, I'm 5'7" and Chris is 5'8". Not super tall by any means, but my dad is over 6', and all of the men in my family are over 6'. I have an uncle who is waaayyy over 6'. So, I expect Blake to be a big guy!

ImpatientMommy - November 3

I'm 100% sure because there's a certain something you gotta do to get pregnant and I have been holding out on the hubby for quite some time hahaha I'm so bad I know but seriously it feels like we have NO time. We're always up so late doing stuff and by the time we're done both of us just want to pa__s out. But yeah, I gotta get on that someday soon. Anyway the doctor just called me back. She said it's perfectly normal. The whole goal of Yaz I guess is to over time make your period really light. I mean I did have some signs of getting my period this week, I did have like ONE drop of blood the first day and I've been having some discharge like I usually will (sorry that's gross but I think we're all used to this talk haha) and I sorta felt a tiny bit crampy like I usually do. Hey, if the whole goal of this birth control is too make my period basically non-existent then fine by me! She said something about how over time Yaz makes your uterine lining suppressed and something about how when it does shed it might be so light that it's just reabsorbed before it comes out. Okay, I have another question, does anyone have "rules" about how much they have the TV on? I feel like we've been watching so much TV lately, probably because it's so cold out so we haven't been going out much but I'm starting to think I need to do something about it! This morning Jo walked into the living room and pointed at the TV as in turn it on mom! I was like oh dear lord...

momtbc - November 3

Ohhh! I feel you on that one! We have, at times, gone too long without s_x, but it's because we are sooooo busy with other things. I often do feel like pa__sing out at the end of the night and usually Chris is understanding when it comes to those days. After 7 plus years of having a child in the house we have learned to be more creative than bedtime! Sometimes a good movie on the weekend gives just enough time! haha! As for the tv - it gets really hard when the weather changes and time changes and they are teething. You will do anything to just occupy them. sometimes the tv works for a little while. It is hard when they discover the tv. Samantha just realized that the huge thing in the family room is entertaining! She loves Zaboomafoo. That's fine with me! It's educational and there are a lot of things she sees on there that she potentially will never see!

gurinsa - November 3

You guys - get this!!! This morning after breakfast Kaitlyn was "grunting' like she normally does when she's going poo poo so I asked her if she wanted to get on the potty..we've been telling her you go poo poo on the potty for a while now. Well anyway - we went in there and sure enough..she went a big poo in the toilet!! I was sooooo happy and laughing and she knew she did something good so then she tried harder and ended up going pee too!! And we just went again after lunch!!!! I am soooo excited :)

It just took me a half hour to put Jo down for a nap! She really just wasn't tired, she could have fallen asleep if she'd let me rock her but she wasn't she wanted to get up and play and talk. I wasn't letting her get down from the bed but I tried to let her lay down and I'd just lay down next to her but then she found it was really funny to touch my nose and say "noooose! nose!" haha then she tried to pick it! I kept saying to her "you don't want mommy to put you to sleep?" and she'd shake her head and go "no" and I said "you want to go in your crib all by yourself?" and she would go "okay!" I asked her this a million times and she kept saying the same thing but I was reluctant because she doesn't take good naps in the afternoon when I put her in there by herself she just cries off and on but when I rock her to sleep for her nap she's asleep and will stay asleep when I put her down. Bedtime is different, she goes in her crib no problem at night and will go to sleep on her own. So after a half hour of reading a book "just one more time" haha I said okay you're gonna have to go in your crib. So I went in there, put her in her crib and she layed down and I covered her and left and there was never and still hasn't been a peep. It's weird because even when she was going down no problem without making a peep at night she'd still cry and wouldn't lay down when I put her in her crib for a nap so this is new!

GURINSA- WOW! Congratulations, that's great! Jo doesn't do anything that lets you know she pooped, she I'd never know when to even try that! The only way you know Jo pooped is when you start to smell it haha which doesn't take long!

momtbc - November 3

GURINSA- YEAH! that is quite an accomplishment! Samantha wants to sit on the toilet before she gets in the bath, but she never does anything. the only reason she wants to sit on the toilet is because all of the other kids go potty before bath time. And, IMP, I'm with you. Samantha only gives one sign that she's pooped and it's not a good one! haha!

Gurinsa and MOMTBC- do you guys have children potty seats connected to your toilets? I've thought about trying to do it with Jo but we don't have a potty seat yet and I just can't picture putting her on top of the toilet without one, I feel like she'll kick her legs and they'll go in the toilet or something haha and MOMTBC- from your experience, which is the best thing to use when starting to potty train, one of those separate sit down potties or a potty seat connected to the toilet?

Wow, I'm shocked. Jo hasn't made a peep for an hour and a half. This isn't usually how things go for nap time when I just put her in her crib and walk out. Hopefully this isn't a fluke! She always sleeps soooooo much better when she goes to sleep on her own, but for so long she wasn't doing it for nap time so I went back to rocking her to sleep for nap time and somehow that makes a difference! Because when I rock her she'll sleep 60 minutes exactly but look at her now, an hour and a half! I'm watching A Baby Story: Where Are They Now, it's so interesting to see updates!

gurinsa - November 3

IMP..great question!! I've been debating that all day!!! Do I get her a seat to go on top of the toilet or a seperate sit down potty? Since she has been sitting on the real toilet, I am kinda thinking just something that covers it?????

Yeah probably. I know on Jon & Kate Plus 8 they only use the separate sit down ones.

britt_m - November 3

GURINSA - Thats great she went potty! I have two different kinds of potty seats. Both of them can be little potties or the seats come off and set on the toilet. I would recommend getting one that can do both so you can try both out. I really like the one that also can be used as a step stool, she likes to watch herself brush her hair and teeth. We used the separate little potties til she was older and then I just took them off and set them on the potty. She is still doing just fine, and poopy trained but sometimes when she has to pee, its almost like she can't quite hold it. She goes just a little in her pullup but finishes in the potty so I'm still holding off til I really try switching to regular underwear. She'll usually do fine in regular undies if I watch her and make sure she goes to the bathroom every so often. I had cla__s Sat. Wow, that was a shock! It's good to be back in school but I'm so pooped, I have them Mon, Wed and Sat.

momtbc - November 3

Oh my, don't ask me! I'm a horrible potty training mom! I have tried both and really, it depends on the kid. When I put Samantha on the toilet, it's just the toilet. I have had varying experiences. With Taylor, we taught her on a potty. Then, when we would go out, she WOULD NOT use a toilet. It was MISERABLE. so, I bought the travel toilet seat cover and to my dismay - it did not fit on the toilets in restaurants, stores, etc. So a big waste of my money. We finally took her on vacation and made a big deal out of using the condo toilet and from then on she was a toilet sitter. Blake was a horrible potty trainer and it did not matter where he was sitting. Connor had his own potty we went and bought together (I started the potty training in a day thing with him) and he stopped using it immediately once he realized he could use the toilet. Needless to say, I am in NO RUSH to get Samantha on the toilet. Potty training is the HARDEST, MOST STRESSFUL, MOST AGGRAVATING, MOST EXCITING thing I have ever done in my entire life and I'm not quite ready to relive it yet! haha!

I'm not going to be in any rush to get Jo on the potty either. Can you imagine me during potty training? I'm going to be SO stressed out and most likely a huge nut job during the entire thing! haha

momtbc - November 4

That is totally true! I was a stressed out unfun mom when potty training Taylor and Blake and that's why I thought I would try the potty training in a day with Connor. It was fun and the TOTAL opposite of what we had done before. But, I didn't even need it because he pretty much took off on his own. I think potty training is the hardest thing a grown adult can try to do with a child. It can bring grown men and women to tears because of the level of difficulty! haha! It is so funny because something so simple is so hard!

ImpatientMommy - November 4

Yeah and you KNOW I don't deal with things like that well haha I have NO patience and potty training is one of those things you really need to have patience with so I'm sure I'll be a total b___h the whole time haha

ImpatientMommy - November 4

OH MY GOD GIRLS! I am so happy right now! haha I FINALLY have wireless internet connection at school during my 3 hour wait between cla__ses. This is the first time I've been able to do it in the 3 months I've been going here! Usually this wait is so boring because I have NOTHING to do, I have no where to go and I can't work on school work because everything is done online but now I can! But ofcourse... why would I do that when I can come on here and myspace hahaha

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion