June 2007 Mommies Happy Halloween

152 Replies
ImpatientMommy - October 16

New thread, yay! haha

momtbc - October 16

Thank you! That was too many pages and too many posts! I think we've always gone trick or treating around 6. It might get a little crazy this year with it being a Friday. Of course, as most of you have seen from my pictures, we don't trick or treat here! There are only like 3 houses and it's along walk between them! We are probably going to my mom's where the houses are one on top of the other. Little do my kids realize, but they probably won't see that candy again after that night! haha!

ImpatientMommy - October 16

haha! I was thinking about that... I was thinking about how Trick Or Treating is fun and everything but I feel soooo weird bringing Jo... like I feel like people are going to be like looking at me like yeah, we know you're just bringing her so you can eat all the candy. Because she's still just a baby!!! It'd be different if I had multiple kids and some were older but when you have just the one she'll be 16 months at the time... I feel like people will be giving me dirty looks as they give her candy because she DEFINITELY will not be seeing any of that after that night! I don't think Jo has ever had even a bite of anything that'd be considered candy. The sweetest treat she has ever had has been cake or a cupcake and she hasn't even had that very often. I mean I have no problem eating the candy she gets haha but I'll just be self-conscious of what the candy giver-outers will be thinking about me. But my friend who has a 20 month old wants us to go with them, do you girls think I'm just being paranoid? haha I'm not planning on doing much trick or treating, I'm more looking forward to sitting out front with Jo in her costume and handing out candy! She's going to have so much fun!

ImpatientMommy - October 17

So Jo fell off our bed for the 2nd time this morning. Both times have been when I say to Rob "I'm going to the bathroom real quick will you watch her?" and he says "Yes" Okay... I AM NEVER DOING THAT AGAIN! It is so annoying, like if Rob is in bed I can't trust anything that's going on, if I start to talk to him he will fall asleep within 3 seconds but you can't like... really tell he's asleep at first, so I'll reference back to what I told him and he has no recollection of it at all. So I walk back in from the bathroom and it must have JUST happened, Jo was flat on the floor, face down, hysterically crying. I was are like OH MY GOD, then I said to Rob "are you serious? 2 times now???" I told him I wasn't going to be able to leave her on the bed with him anymore and he got all p__sy and offended and said "well maybe you should wait for a response before you leave" oh dear... I was like are you serious!? you very coherently said "YES" to me. He said I should have waited for response that sounded like it was coming from an awake person.... what!? I think speaking to me usually means you're awake haha and so I said "What do you want me to do? smack you in the face before I leave to make sure you're awake?" MEN! I swear! haha

britt_m - October 17

I actually put Jaidyn in the sling, I got a ring sling, and Lexi went in the seat part. Of course I got some weird looks, but eh I don't care too much. Yea 6ish seems like a good time, I'll probably have her dressed up and sitting on the porch helping me hand out candy after we are done going down our street. My DH is just like that when it comes to sleeping! I bop him with a pillow every now and then, if he falls asleep as we're talking or something haha!

If I notice he falls asleep while we're talking and he wakes up like a second later I'll jokingly pretend he's been asleep for like 15 minutes while I've been talking haha and he'll believe me till I tell him I'm kidding. SO I have a question for everyone, my bestfriend went to her daughters 6 month checkup and she asked casually when she could start giving her daughter juice or water and I guess the doctor like flipped out and said "it is strongly advised that we do not give children juice AT ALL" why would he say this? I mean I've never heard that, personally I don't give Jo juice, she's only had some watered down juice like maybe 4 times in her whole life, she likes water so I figure I'd always give her water, it's better for her not that juice is poison but still my bestfriend was all freaking out like oh my god is this true!? I told her I had never heard that before and he didn't give her any reasoning. I mean I told her that it's better to give them water MORE than juice but I don't see why they can't have juice at all...

momtbc - October 17

I have never heard to NOT give kids juice, as long as it's 100% fruit juice. My kids have a cup of juice every morning. Granted, it's half juice and half water, but they have one every morning. Other than that, they only drink water and milk. Taylor and Blake have had soda as a treat if I let them get a meal at like Burger King. But, I don't buy soda for the house. My mil, asked when I'm going to let them start drinking all juice and not diluted, and I was like, NEVER. I have three reasons, one - they don't need that much juice, two- it's a sneaky way to keep them hydrated without using all juice and three- it saves me A LOT of money! With four kids drinking juice every morning, it saves us money if I dilute it. (I know, selfish, but I don't think it hurts them!)

The only thing I could think of is that it was too much sugar or something. I don't know! Jo loves water and drinks it up so I figure why introduce juice when she loves water so much. Jo's cousin Abby drinks juice all day long, she has milk too but A LOT of juice. I never want Jo to be like that. We buy soda for ourselves but I don't drink it around her, I usually just have 1 can at night. I'm so neurotic when it comes to what Jo eats and stuff like that... I really try to make everything as healthy as possible. And I'm really lucky that I have a child that'll eat her veggies with no problem!!!

pebblesnbambam - October 18

Hey all. Juice... we water it down half and half. Jackson still takes it that way and does not care. He does say.. MOM.. I like this juice if he gets "real" juice... but other than that he gets watered down juice. Jenna does not really like juice but she drinks a ton of water.... and still is doing milk in her bottle as she REFUSES the sippy for milk. Oh well. But there is nothing wrong with some juice.. the lady who does the food program for my sisters daycare MAKES her give the kids juice. Halloween. Jenna is going out and so is Jackson. Limited homes as we are traveling that day to my in laws house.. so stoppin gin my husbands old town to do the trick or treating. They don't get a ton of candy but being I have a sweet tooth myself... yah.. they do get some. My motto is everythiing in moderation. Jenna is cutting 6.. YES 6 teeth. She is rgot a runny nose... tired and crabby. She is on hour THREE of her morning nap... she is soo tired. Well, back to cleaning the house. Weekends... thats part of what I do.

ImpatientMommy - October 18

PEBBLES- Hour 3 of her nap!? OH MY GOD haha I'm so jealous! Jo was doing good for about a week with the 2 hour and 90 minute naps but today and yesterday she's only napped or an hour and 10 minutes, even being in our bed, I was like uh oh.... c'mon Jo!!!! haha We've had a very productive day today! I woke up, we made pancakes- Jo even got to help mix the batter! Then we carved a pumpkin and even put a candle in it and we lit it up and turned off the lights, Jo was AMAZED haha. Then my friend should be here around 4, before that we're going to take a walk to the store and buy some construction paper and stuff like that, I wanna make cute pumpkins and ghosts and hang them in the hallway. Me and my friend were going to take Jo out to dinner but with an hour and 10 minute long nap I don't think I feel up to that, I think we're going to get it to go and come home. Definitely updating the blog tonight! I have so many pictures from the past few days!

Oh and I forgot to mention... SIX TEETH!? are you serious!? SIX!? I'm so jealous! She must have almost all her teeth, right? Jo still has 11 and even though it seems like she's hysterically teething all the time, NOTHING NEW! Well I haven't checked in the past few days, I'll try to today but I'm sure there'll be nothing. She's been drooling and not sleeping good at night for what seems like FOREVER. Last night, from 1:30-2:30 she would hysterically cry like she was in pain and she'd be holding her mouth for like 1 minute maybe then lay down and sorta sleep for may 2 or 3 minutes and then repeat, for the whole hour. It was horrible she was REALLY acting like she was in some serious pain.

newbaby2009 - October 18

So i have the stmach flu. On Sweetest Day. Ugh i feel beyond horrible. I just want to lay in bed but i cant because my back is KILLING me. I dont know whats worse my back, or the stomach flu. I just want to sleep!

Hey girls! We had SUCH a great day today! Go to my blog to see a ton of pictures from today and the past 2 days, I got some good ones!!! carolinesillyblog.blogspot.com NEWBABY- I'm sooo sorry you have the stomach flu, that is NO fun! Hope you feel better REAL soon! =)

ImpatientMommy - October 19

Okay... what to do, what to do... These past 4 or 5 nights Jo has been throwing FITS before nap time and bed time. I mean absolutely uncontrollable fits, every tantrum behavior you can think of to the EXTREME, screaming, kicking, thrashing her body every which way, rolling her hair all over the place. It's just like I'm wrestling with her to get her to stay still. It doesn't last long, it lasts 5 minutes TOPS usually less until she's calmed down enough to let me hold her or lay down with me but you know... 5 minutes of that pretty much feels like 5 years. What do I do!? She has NEVER given me problems going to sleep, granted she doesn't sleep well sometimes but the actual going to sleep part has never, ever been a problem, it usually takes less than 5 minutes to get her to sleep with NO fuss or anything. What happened!? I don't know what changed... I really, really, really don't want to do CIO but I don't know what else to do, she can't do this... I mean it doesn't last long, it could be worst, but it is BAD. I've tried approaching nap time and bed time differently by laying in bed with her and reading her a book and then trying to get her to just lay down wtih me and she'll lay down while we read the book but after that she wants to sit up and do this and that and then when I try to get her to lay down again or come to me that's when she'll start freaking out. What should I do!?

newbaby2009 - October 19

Rylie used to do this. Every nap and bed time was HORRIBLE. She would throw a fit like this for an hour or so though. We never really did anything, she just startedoing better and better. Im calling it a phase. Its mostly when they think they're going to miss something. So maybe create a wind down rountine before naps and bedtime.

Okay so Rob said he'd take her for awhile and lay down with her and he was in the bedroom with her until 9 and I figured she had just went to sleep and he was in there on the bed watching the game without sound like he sometimes does with her. So I go in there at 9 and she's STILL not asleep but laying down. When she saw me she started freaking out and she wanted me and all this so I just had to do it... I put her in her crib and left. It's been 6 minutes annnnd..... the monitor is showing no lights so she's not making any noise right now... I can't imagine she's asleep already? She's been flipping out in there for the past 6 minutes and its been killing me... we'll see how long his lasts I'll give it five minutes and go peak on her.

Okay so she cried for 6 minutes and went to sleep. I was expecting this to be like... an hour or so like I always hear of people when they decide to do CIO. But now what? Come tomorrow should I try to put her down like I usually do and if she gives me problems then put her in her crib again to do CIO?

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?