June 2007 Moms Christmas Eve

115 Replies
momtbc - December 23

I AM SO EXCITED FOR TOMORROW! I love the anticipation!

IrinaZ - December 23

I can't believe how many girls are pregnant on our thread! And one my friends (her son is only 5 days younger than Nick) just sent me an e-mail saying that she is due on July with her second one! I guess after your LO is a year you just get this baby itch again! I certainly got it:) So here is my update on my hair drama. I went there today and the girl was so nice - she actually came in half an hour earlier to do my hair because she was booked up all day. I LOVE my hair now! it's exactly what I wanted! They did not charge me, I still tipped her, even though she refused, I insisted. GURINSA, you are so right - I am so glad that I called them instead of just stewing until the next haircut.

IrinaZ - December 23

MOMTBC, are you celebrating Christmas Eve or Day/ When are you opening gifts? My in-laws are coming tomorrow afternoon, so we are going to have a small celebration tomorrow, then I have to work Christmas (SUCKS!!! I really hope I am going to get all walkie-talkie patients and have an easy day:). So we've decided to open gifts and have a Christmas dinner on Friday.

momtbc - December 23

I am going to let the kids open the presents they bought for each other tomorrow night. Then, they will get Santa presents on xmas morning. Then, later in the day on xmas day they will open the presents from us - which they all know are clothes! haha!

britt_m - December 23

Yea we are doing stockings tomorrow after Chris gets home from work. I'm so excited for Alexea to play with her VW Beetle, which of course she won't get til x-mas!! I guess I should start charging the battery. Plus Jaidyn's going to love his little car walker. He has really good head control so I'll let him sit in it a little here and there. IRINA - Glad your haircut came back better the second time, I really need one again. I just love the feeling of a new haircut! Do we have 3 or 4 preggos? I hope you ladies are feeling well. Oh man I remember the feeling of when your hungry but can't eat so you feel sicker. Or the immediate horrible headache exactly an hour from when you last ate, which ment your like starving again, haha. That guy won't be back until the 30th so this is such a nice break. Jaidyn has reflux, the pedi prescibed medicine and I debated on giving it to him or not. I just gave him some and bathed him and layed him down. Absolutely no spit up or crying, he even is staying asleep. Last night was horrible again, up ALL night again. Hopefully tonight will be better. Alexea has started to use the potty away from home, yay! She went at McDonalds last week.

ImpatientMommy - December 23

Okay... here are 2 things that are bugging me big time and I can't talk about it to anyone here.... 1. That we paid $175 total picking things up (at Rob's work) for his brother to give his wife for Christmas.... AND I wrapped them for him... don't ask me why but I couldn't say no, he asked me. So let's see... we paid for it, and I can guarantee you we won't see that money (and it's not like he can't spare it, TRUST ME), and I wrapped it. I mind as well just put that it's from us! and the other thing.... that Rob's parents bought this EXTREMELY intricate wooden kitchen for our neice Abby.... they read in the reviews that it was a b___h to put together but they always make Rob build everything because he's the best at it.... well over the past 3 nights, tonight included, he has worked over EIGHT hours building this thing. It just p__ses me off, it makes me feel like he's being used so much. I don't want to sound like a b___h but there are 2 things I want him to build for Jo tomorrow (2 easy things though) and I feel bad because he just spent all this time building something ridiculous that isn't even for our child. I know that sounds terrible but I can't help it. Plus, this thing weighs a TON, it's for Abby's house but my mother-in-law wants to build it so she can see it when they come over on Christmas... it's the stupidest idea. I can't even imagine Abby's parents having to lug this thing into their car built in the snow and then getting it into their car. I'm sorry, but this should have just been given to them in the box so Abby's father could build it.

ImpatientMommy - December 23

when I said "anybody here" i meant at my house. Not on this forum, I can always talk about anything on this forum, that's what I love about it!

IrinaZ - December 24

IMP - I can't wait for you guys to get your own place and move away from our MIL. I think Rob is just too close to her and she is using him all the time because it's convenient. It's the same with my husband and his family. It was worst when we used to live in Boston. He was expected to do things for them and they were always upset that he is not helping enough. His sister on the other hand, lives in Oregon and only comes to East Coast a few times a year. She can never do wrong. When she comes we are expected to accomodate her and her wishes and put up with her mood swings. Aaahh, families! My husbands family is coming tonight. Thank God his sister is not coming. It's funny how the holidays always bring up the worst in the families. I love the holidays but they always come with the stress of putting up with some family issues. Good luck to us all - I wish us all as little stress as possible. If it's not happening - just go to plan B and poor yourself that second gla__s of wine:)

ImpatientMommy - December 24

Ahhhh... I think I'm starting to give in and I might be going to that Christmas Eve thing I said I was going to avoid at all costs. There are many reasons I don't want to go but I don't know... we'll see. It REALLY sucks that I have to go without Rob. He's so lucky he's working till 8 and just gets an automatic pa__s on this!

britt_m - December 24

I agree with the holidays comes stress, thats probably the only good thing that comes out of living this far from anyone. But on the other side, what I wouldn't give for us to be back home so they can meet Jaidyn and see Alexea again. Even tho theres family drama going on... again! IRINA that totally stinks you have to work x-mas, DH will be on call. Most of his shop took leave for the holidays so he's stuck picking up the slack. He works a normal day today as well. He left at 5:30am and won't be home til after 6:30pm. IMP - Maybe you can go and when or if Jo gets grumpy say oh I think shes getting sick or say that about you, haha! Goodluck!

newbaby2009 - December 24

Christmas Eve and im so freaking irritable! 33 weeks tomorrow. I wanted just a private little Christmas with me, Ryan, and Rylie. But no. His mom and her hubsand are coming down tonight and staying her until Saturday. Then they're taking Rylie up to their house, an hour and a half away. Also his grandma and great grandpa are coming early tomorrow morning. Why cant they let us do our own thing first and then come over? *sigh*

newbaby2009 - December 24

Oh and the power went off in half our county last night and was off for 4 hours. Today it wont stay on for longer then 5 minutes at a time so we may not even have power for Christmas.

momtbc - December 24

Hey everyone! This day has been so crazy! The kids actually let me sleep until like 8:30! The girls slept, but Connor and Blake played in their room. SOOOO nice! Couldn't have asked for a better present! We've been busy cleaning, cooking, and writing Santa a letter! Hope everyone has a great day today and tomorrow! I can't wait to see everyone's little ones faces! I am going to try to get a lot done, so may not have time to get back on! IRINAZ- I agree- time to pour another gla__s of wine! That always makes other people's selfishness not seem so bad ! haha!

Ugh.... I am so dreading this. My anxiety level is through the roof right now. I so wish Rob could come with us. I'm going to be so uncomfortable. Not to mention Jo is in a rotten mood so this is so not going to be fun, especially the ride up there.

Tonight was horrible, an absolute disaster! I sooo should have stayed home with Jo, would have been so much better! Oh well. Tomorrow will DEFINITELY be a better day, I can't wait. Merry Christmas everyone!!!

ImpatientMommy - December 25

Merry Christmas everyone! I'm up reeeeeal early, before everyone, because I wanted to build one more thing for Jo. This morning we found out Jo can NOT stay up much past her bedtime. I think 8:00 is her cut off because sometimes when Rob gets home from work at like 7 she doesn't end up going to bed till close to 8 and she's always been fine but yesterday she went to bed close to 9:30! I don't think she can do much past 8 without some sort of 2nd nap which I do nooooot think she would take. Especially on days like today when everyone is going to be over and stuff, you know? I just don't understand why these people would have something so late when there are going to be 4 little kids. Obviously the other 3 are going to handle it better because they're 3 and 4 but still... we didn't even eat dinner till close to 7, and the only reason we did was because I was like WHOA it's close to 7!? I need to feed Jo! Then we didn't go downstairs to open presents till like 8:45ish and again... the only reason we did was because I said to my mother-in-law... it's 8:45... do you think we're opening presents soon? I think we're gonna have to leave soon... by that time Jo was spent. She was soooo tired and so everyone opened their presents, I didn't even open anything anyone gave me because I was dealing with Jo and we left as soon as we could and didn't get home till 9:30ish. She was so overtired she didn't even fall asleep in the car on the ride home, she just sat and stared into space and didn't make a peep. When we got home I just put her in her crib and she rolled over and went right to sleep. Then this morning she woke up at 6:30 for her sippy, just out of habit I think, and she was HYSTERICAL, absolutely inconsolable... rubbing her eyes and yawning. Finally she just laid back, drank her milk, and then rolled over and went right back to sleep again. It lasted like 15-20 minutes though I felt so bad. She'll be fine once she wakes up though. How was your Christmas Eve? I've been up since 6, I'm about to go build something else for Jo. I'll talk to everyone later, MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

britt_m - December 25

Merry Christmas ladies!! My ham has been in the slow cooker all night and is soo ready, haha! We haven't done presents just yet tho everything is set and ready. We have mice and I called maintence and they set glue traps. I love animals but didn't think I'd feel the same about these pesky lil things. I saved all but one so far, it just makes me so sad to just let them die. I let them go a good deal from the house tho. But Chris is taking care of those and we're doing breakfast first. Lexi didn't even notice anything under the tree when we went thru to the kitchen. I'm so excited. Christmas eve we did stockings and watched the 3 Santa clause movies. Nice family night. Oh and I have had the best night of sleep since before I got pregnant the first time. The both went down about 9:30 and I followed a little later. No one woke until 5:30am then Jaidyn went right back to sleep and we got up at 8:30am!! Oh yea that was nice!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion