Anyone Have Twins But One Undetected During 1st Ultrasound -pg119418351373

3 Replies
tina07 - November 4

Please give me your feedback! I am 6 weeks 4 days pregnant with twins. My 1st u/s was at 6 wks 1 day & they saw 2 gestational sacs but only one had a heartbeat. The other smaller sac had a yolk sac but no heartbeat. I'm going back in two weeks & am so anxious to find out if the 2nd sac develops a fetal pole and heartbeat. Has this ever happened to anyone? PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR FEEDBACK IF SO!!!!

sphinx - November 9

My first scan was about 7 weeks in. Both of them had heartbeats but one twin was much larger and I had 2 due dates that were 10 days apart. I think its possible that one twin developes faster than the other OR one is conceived later than the other. Not to worry you, but with vanishing twin syndrome, two are observed on the first scan and then one of them reabsorbs. This usually happens when there is some genetic problem and the fetus is not viable.

Rachel Jones - November 10

My question is did they do a regular u/s or a v____al u/s ??? They dicovered my twins when I was 7 weeks and 5 days. When they did the u/s over my belly they found nothing... not one baby or one heart beat. That is when they did the v____al u/s and they discovered both babies. And like sphinx, my babies were measured at 1 week and 5 days apart. The heart beat on baby B was almost undetectable. I think it is still pretty early to tell. I wish you much luck and go into your next appointment with all the hope in the world! I belive it is still very possible!

tina07 - November 11

Rachel - they did a v____al u/s. my next appt is this upcoming tuesday, i can't wait

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?