Hcg Levels At 5 Weeks Were 43 000 Abnormal

3 Replies
newlywed0915 - November 12

I was 37 days pregnant...5 wks and 2 days when my blood was drawn and they told me my levels were at 43,000. I was told just days before I was starting my 6th week of pregnany at the ER. I am 7 wks and 2 days today and after my u/s on Friday they saw only one baby....but today I just realized how my dates were off, and my hcg levels seem high for being 5 wks pregnant. See, if going by what the ER said, I should be almost 9 weeks, but I am actually only 7. What do you think? Twins?Yay or nay? Maybe the 2nd baby is hiding? Or am I just being wishful? Hahahaha.

twins4us - November 12

Congrats on getting your BFP!! YOur numbers ARE very high, but hcg are so unreliable that it is hard to tell why they are at that level. Sono ARE very reliable in determining twins at the 7 week mark as both hb should be seen. In order to miss a baby the sacs must be exactly the same size and shape, so it is pretty unusual. Blood test are not reliable in determining how far along you are, but the sono is. Good LUck...wishing you a healthy pg.

sarah35 - November 12

I just looked up the levels and i think your on spot for a singleton :-)# 5 weeks LMP: 18 - 7,340 mIU/ml # 6 weeks LMP: 1,080 - 56,500 mIU/ml happy pregnancy and have a healthy happy 9mos:-)

newlywed0915 - November 12

Thanks Sarah, but wait... I was 43,000 at 5 weeks, not 6. I dunno if that makes a difference? lol, thanks Twins4us! I know hcg is so unreliable. I had an ultrasound on Friday at 6 wks and 6 days and there is just one peanut...but maybe there is one hiding.. Lol!!!! I guess we'll just see!!!! Doc is seeing me this Friday again for first prenatal visit. I'm going to ask about my levels. Maybe twins would explain why I had bleeding earlier in the pregnancy...at like, 4 weeks and 5 days....Oct. 25th. They said at that point I was starting my 6th week, according to hcg levels. Blood work on Oct. 29th was 43,000. On Nov. 9th, they said I was 6 wks and 6 days, now today I'm 7 weeks, and 2 days. So they were either off a week at the ER, or my hcg levels are high because its a really healthy singelton, or I have twins...or theres another problem. I DID dream of two baby's in one sac. lol..I'm sure the doc can answer all my questions this friday

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?