Took Clomid 25 50 25 100 50 Skipped Days

2 Replies
clomiddays - October 16

hi i was wondering if anyone knew exactly how the follicles mature and if taking larger doses at the end will help give the follicles a little push and encourage more mature eggs? i had a problem getting my clomid.so....i took 25 mg day 2, 50 mg day 3, 25 mg day 4, skipped day 5 and 6 then took 100 mg day 7 and 50 mg day 8....i am now day 9, we do bd every day, i take mucinex daily , i ovulate monthly, i am trying for twins, anyone with any info would be appreciated,

!!! - October 16

TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR. with your wacky schedule in taking a drug that encourages your body to produce hormone, you could be doing yourself some real harm!! Why would you think going from 25 to 100 in one cycle would be a GOOD idea??? If you have done ANY research at ALL on this drug, you would see that not only are you NOT doing what you are hoping, you are INCREASING your chances for the ugly risks ( polyps, cancer, fetal issues) that are a__sociated with this drug... My God. Are twins that important? Why would you take that kind of risk with your children?

K - October 16

I have never heard of taking Clomid that way... I would say its probably not recommended. Its most likely just screwing with your body, more than it is producing and maturing follicles. Your best bet is to stay with one dosage amount (50mg) and take it days 2-6, 3-7, or 5-9 (which are the days recommended by doctors). Good luck though, hope it works out for you.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?