Colostrum -pg112550523618

2 Replies
Sherry - August 31

Anybody know anything about colostrum. Does it only occur when you are pregnant? What color is it and when do you usually see it when pregnant?

Morgan - September 6

Colostrum is formed when you are pregnant, but it serves the purpose of feeding the baby for the first few days before your real milk comes in. People say that it's yellowish in color, but if you are able to express any during pregnancy it might appear as a small, clear bead of moisture (or at least that was my experience).

Ca__sie - September 6

I differ from the previous woman. I produce colostrum all of the time, pregnant or not. I have had my hormones checked and my doctor says that I am fine. I did see a dramatic increase in production in my second trimester when I was pregnant with my daughter. My husband was enjoying the arrival of the b___by fairy when he recieved a shower when he gave me a playful squeeze. It was and is a pale yellow( looks like watered down goats milk) When my daughter was born it turned a darker yellow for about a week and then thinned out again. Hope this helps.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?