What Do I Do Next -pg117364362652

2 Replies
joannade - March 11

Hi everyone. I just found out today that I am expecting my first child. It wasn't planned and although I am still a bit in shock I am quite happy. I just feel a bit daft as I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to do now! I took 2 tests and both were positive but could they be wrong? Do I go to the doctors straight away? When will I have my first scan? I'm sorry for throwing questions at you all but I'm a bit confused. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks xx

sososleepy - March 11

Hi joannade. Congrats! First, you go get a prenatal vitamin with folic acid and take it; my grocery store has a store brand I use while I'm ttc. Pick a doc, and call to make an appointment. Your first scan depends on your age, your history, your doc... Advice: sleep now while you still have a chance. Have a great 9 months!

Tammy276 - March 13

Call your OB doctor and tell them you are pregnant.....they will ask when you lmp was and make an appt. for you based on that. Most doctors will see you for the first time between 8 and 12 weeks....seems like forever doesn't it!! They should also prescribe you a prenatal vitamin and if for some reason they don't do prescriptions, they can direct you to which brand you should get. Most often, they don't do a u/s until about 20 weeks, unless there are other complications or you would be unsure of how far along you are. Good luck!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?