Alcohol During Pregnancy-pg119444283751

3 Replies
bobbi - November 7

I am three months pregnant and have only just found out! The problem is i like a drink most nights and have had 2 -3 glasses of wine almost every night i have now read everywhere how harmful this may have been. has anyone any advice on this as although the alcohol is harmful i feel the stress of worrying about it is now also harmful

Whisper - November 7

The best advice I can give is that, you know now, and you can stop now. What's done is done, and worrying over it won't change anything. Just keep a positive outlook & take good care of yourself & your baby. It's like the saying goes, there's no use crying over spilled milk. Just move forward, and focus on staying healthy and having a healthy pregnancy & baby. There is a chance that something happened - but there is also a chance that everything is fine. Just keep your faith in God and He will see you through this. I'm sure everything will be just fine, and like you said, the stress of worrying will be harmful. Plenty of women do plenty of "bad" things before finding out they are pregnant, and go on to have perfectly healthy babies. In fact, before much was known about FAS - women drank in pregnancy all the time, and many of them still went on to have healthy babies. I'm sure everything will be fine for you too! Just stay positive, and don't worry about the things you cannot change. Just find the strength to get past these things, and the knowledge to not drink anymore now that you do know =). Enjoy your pregnancy, and take good care of yourself, and thats all you can be expected to do =). GL! & H&H9M

jezebel1018 - November 7

i have a picture of a former friends mom when she was in labor with her, budweiser in one hand & cigarette in the other...& other than growing up to be a b___h, shes healthy :)

sarah21 - November 7

It's really not that bad. In Europe, they actually encourage pregnant women to have a gla__s of red wine a day. There is a chance I suppose of fetal alcohol syndrome, but it will probably be just fine. Lots of people do stuff they regret, but things turn out fine.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?