False Pregnancy-pg119437627577

6 Replies
tmbellknap - November 6

I am 6 weeks pregnant with my second child. I took 2 at home tests-(positive), and confirmed them at the dr. I despratley wanted this pregnancy. I am having all symptoms with this one...unlike my first pregnancy in whick I had none at all. I am scared that I could have a false pragnancy. What sre the chances of this?

Whisper - November 6

If you had positive tests & doctor confirmed it, you're pregnant, girl! A "false" or phantom pregnancy produces symptoms, but not a positive test! Its more a__sociated with animals than with humans. Common in dogs for example. Anyway, you're preggo! so CONGRATS! & H&H 9 months!

HeatherIsHopeful - November 8

I think I know how you feel.. I took a HPT and did a blood test to confirm and I STILL don't believe it lol.. when I do an ultrasound and see my baby then I will believe it 100% until then my husband, friends and I affectionately call it a tumor or toomie or tooms lol. I want this baby so bad I jsut don't want to get my hopes up then have them tell me it was a cyst or something that was producing HCG thus causing a posative test result. hang in there and let us know how it goes. :) -Heather<3

Newlywed - November 8

Hi, I thought I would join in with your discussion if that's ok. I did two home pregnancy tests and both lines were very faint. My husband and I were not convinced so I bought a digital test so there was no messing. To our delight it said 'pregnant' ! I have visited my doctor and she has said that there is very little point in doing a urine or blood test as 3 tests prove the positive result. She told me I was around 6 weeks pregnant and sent me on my way and told me to make an appointment with a midwife. I did this and she is due to visit the week after next. I do have symptoms but I guess something is niggling away in the back of my mind... What if the tests were wrong.... When is the earliest date I can ask for an ultrasound anyone know? I dont think I will believe it until I hear a heartbeat.

HeatherIsHopeful - November 8

I am SOOOO right there with you Newlywed!!! I don't believe it yet and I had a blood test done at the hospital lol after my digital HPT was positive. Im just a paranoid skeptic *shrug* the ultrasound depends on your doctor and all that. discuss your concerns with them and see if you can arrange something.. believe me I will be talking my doc ear off next time Im there because I want to be one million percent sure of this baby before I go visit my parents and my husband parents for the holidays and get everyone all excited. good luck ladies!! -Heather<3

Newlywed - November 9

Hi, it is so nice to know I am not alone with my thoughts and worries. I am a born worrier and I was convinced I was being paranoid. I guess as soon as I have a blood test or ultrasound I will feel more settled. It's such a scary but exciting time isnt it ladies. My midwife is visiting me at home so I am not sure what tests she will do, I guess I will have to wait patiently for my 12 weeks to be up. Just another question.... are you all taking folic acid supplements? x

HeatherIsHopeful - November 9

hey newlywed... as of now I am not taking any supplements, and my doc didn't seems concerned with it... just told me to make sure Im eating really goo and he said he would order prenatals for me. I do eat lots of green veggies, noodles and enriched breads and anything I can get my hands on that had folic acid in it. so far there have been no problems. good luck with your midwife appointment :)

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion