First Appointment-pg113415541418

4 Replies
:) - December 9

Hi everyone. I'm 5 weeks along in my pregnancy and I called an OG/GYN to set up an appointment. She said that you usually don't do your first appointment until 10 weeks. That seems pretty far along! It feels like I hear people talking about their appointments at 5, 6, or 7 weeks along. Just wondering your opinion or experience. Thanks!

liz - December 9

no this is standard...infact my doc had me wait till 12 weeks. women who go early usually have difficulty getting or staying pregnant so they go in for early blood work and sometimes an ultra sound. If this is your first pregnancy and you conceived without help then then your doctor has no reason to see you earlier.

1st timer - January 24

I am in the same boat. I am 5 weeks and my first appointment won't be until i'm almost 10 weeks. I think that's pretty standard if you haven't had any previous problems.

melle - January 25

The reason they wait is they like to hear the baby's heartbeat and look for growth on the ultrasound. They can't do that until about 6 weekish or there abouts. I've gone a few times already and I'm at 6 weeks, but I went in being uncertain with a neg hpt. Just be healthy and start taking prenatal vitamins if you haven't started already.

Johnna - January 25

On the OBGYN here you can set up an apppointment has soon as you find out that you are pregnant. They really like you to get as early appt. as you can. I am probably around 5 to 6 weeks or so. My first visit with the doctor is Jan. 31st. This will be my third child, but I had a miscarriage in Oct. and now pregnant again, I was about 10 weeks along and that was my second doctor visit.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion