Has Anyone Else Had This -pg114778451918

5 Replies
skim - May 16

I'm 10 weeks pregnant and I think I may have a UTI (urinary tract infection). 2 years ago, I had a bad UTI that escalated to a kidney infection (you do not want to get this!). I'm worried about how it may affect the baby if I have to take antibiotics. Has anyone had experience with UTI and pregnancy?

lexy - May 16

during my first pregnancy, i had a uti and then ended up with a kidney and bladder infection. they put me on antibiotics and after a few days i felt better. you will want the medicine because you might end up with a fever. there are a lot of medicines that you can safely take while pregnant, your doctor will know what to do. good luck

singlem0m - May 16

UTI's are something that I fight constantly, pregnant or not. Your dr. should be able to get you some antibiotics. You might also try that over the counter stuff that helps relieve the symptoms (if you find out its safe for pregnancy). If its something that keeps happenind I recommend D-Mannose powder, I mix that in with a cup of water and it works wonders.

gma36 - May 16

I am on a board that I have been on since having my 2.5 year old and I always hear women complaining about UTI's during pg so I think it is very common. Talk to your doctor and start drinking cranberry juice. HUGS

San_dee - May 17

Talk to your doctor, my doctor prescribed me some amoxicillion (prob spelt wrong) which got rid of it strait away and was a catagory A meaning safe during pregnancy and breat feeding

San_dee - May 17

*brest feeding*

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion