HCG Level Is 142 Good Or Bad

7 Replies
jj - May 11

My last period was april,5th im not sure if that is good or not the nurse on the phone only said to come back in 2 days to re do it to make sure there douldbling, if not it was just an early pregnancy that ended??? anyone can tell me anthing would really help!

Alison - May 11

Here are the approx levels for pregnancy which I got from a website. They are meant to double every 48 hours in the first 2 months which will be why they are checking yours in 2 days time. As long as they are doubling things should be fine. Only if they are decreasing or not moving should you be worrying about pregnancy having ended. Hope you get good results I know how nerve racking it it is I've been there!. Take care xxx * 3 weeks LMP: 5 - 50 mIU/ml * 4 weeks LMP: 5 - 426 mIU/ml * 5 weeks LMP: 18 - 7,340 mIU/ml * 6 weeks LMP: 1,080 - 56,500 mIU/ml * 7 - 8 weeks LMP: 7, 650 - 229,000 mIU/ml * 9 - 12 weeks LMP: 25,700 - 288,000 mIU/ml * 13 - 16 weeks LMP: 13,300 - 254,000 mIU/ml * 17 - 24 weeks LMP: 4,060 - 165,400 mIU/ml * 25 - 40 weeks LMP: 3,640 - 117,000 mIU/ml

Alison - May 11

P.s LMP is counting from last menstrual period xxx

jj - May 11

thanks, u said u have been through this b4?? what were ur levels?? and what was ur outcome? if u dont mind me askin?

Lenore - May 11

jj, i would a__sume you are in your 5th week right now? I had my first hcg test at 4 weeks which was 274, 2 days later 600 and 6 days later 13,000. the number itself is not cause for concern, so it all depends on that next test that you take. did you find out what your progesterone was? Good luck, i wish you the best!

Jo - May 11

At 4 weeks my HCG was only 20 and my prog was a 6. The nurse said that wasn't very good. My HCG were tripling every 2 days and at 6 weeks 2 days I had a U/S which measured the baby at 5 weeks 5 days. We did see a hearbeat though. I am now almost 8 weeks and going to the doctor again tomorrow. I was worried sick about the numbers starting so low but I have read that low numbers early on can deliver perfect babies. Good Luck

dionne - May 11

i had really low numbers too but mine pregnancy ended in miscarriage this past monday. my numbers went from 17 to 52 to 226 to 1004 in a matter or a week and a half... so my numbers were going up, but unfortunately i lost the baby anyway. i think if you are going to miscarry there is nothing you can do and no "number theory" you can rely on. sorry... i don't want to be negative i'm just giving my story. good luck to you!

Alison - May 12

JJ, At the time the numbers were ingraved in my memory but I can't remember them now & wouldn't want to just give you a guess. As Lenore says it's not so much the number itself but now much it increases every 48 hours. My levels barely changed each time because I had a blighted ovum (empty pregnancy sac) so I miscarried. This was in December & was my second miscarriage. I am now pregnant again - 6 weeks tomorrow and believing for the best this time. I hope you get good results from your blood tests. As dionne said there's no strict theory as it varies so much. I am wishing you the best for you & your precious baby xxx

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?