HCG Question 43 000 Normal At 5 Wks 2 Days Prego

2 Replies
newlywed0915 - November 12

Doc is seeing me this Friday again for first prenatal visit. I'm going to ask about my levels. Maybe twins would explain why I had bleeding earlier in the pregnancy...at like, 4 weeks and 5 days....Oct. 25th. But they told me I was starting my 6th week, according to hcg levels. Blood work on Oct. 29th was 43,000. On Nov. 9th, they said I was 6 wks and 6 days, now today I'm 7 weeks, and 2 days. So they were either off a week at the ER, or my hcg levels are high because its a really healthy singelton, or I'm having twins...or theres another problem. I DID start experiecing symptoms right away. My dad IS a fraternal twin,but I DID dream of two baby's in one sac, which would mean identical... lol..I'm sure the doc can answer all my questions this Friday. What do you think about my hcg levels?At the ultrasound, there was only one little peanut, but what if the other is hiding behind its sibling?! LOL!!!!!!!!!!! I'm crazy---I know.

ChattyKathy - November 12

Its hard to say because HCG levels can overlap. 5 weeks - 18 to 7,000 6 weeks - 1,000 to 56,000. 7/8 weeks - 8,000 to 229,000. I rounded the numbers, but you get the idea. The best guess is your last known menstrual period for dating since ultrasounds and HCG can be misleading. There is another lady on here who had high levels who thought she might be having twins (doctors even thought she was!) but its just one little healthy baby in there. So, who knows!

newlywed0915 - November 12

lol, well, if I use my last menstrual period... I'd be 12 weeks pregnant. Hahah.. its was Aug. 20th. But with the prewedding stress, my menstrual cycles were off...so I probably ovulated late... and who knows. I got pregnant in September after our wedding.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?