Hormone Level Of 4349 Normal

5 Replies
Vanessa - Newcastle (uk) - June 15

Hi, my first blood test when I found out I was pregnant was 1803, then 48 hours after they tested again and it was 4349. At that time I was approx 4 weeks, is this normal?

Maggie - June 15

Could you be having twins?

Vanessa - June 15

Hi Maggie thanks for replying - there are twins in my family and in my husbands. Do my levels sound ok? Sorry but it is my first pregnancy and obviously on my first scan at 4 weeks there was just a small blob and I am nervous about my scan tomorrow. What will I see, will everything be ok, are my hormone levels ok etc?

Maggie - June 15

Yes Ibelieve your hormone levels are ok. From what I understand the low levels are what you need to watch out for. What did your doc say? Being that they are this high so early I wouldn't be surprized if you're having twins! Good luck, and try not to worry too much.

Vanessa - June 15

Thanks Maggie, I really appreciate it. This is my first pregnancy and I am nervous. Two weeks ago when they told me I was pregnant they wanted to make sure that it was not eptopic as I was having cramps. Anyway, my hormone level went from 1803 to 4349 in 48 hours so they said I was ok and to come back in 2 weeks (tomorrow) for another scan to hopefully confirm dates etc. I have been reading this site and there are loads of women who have scans and there is a sac but no baby and now I'm scared. I think cos my first scan at 4 weeks only showed a blob, it just didn't look like much.

Maggie - June 15

Don't worry, your scan tomorrow will show what looks like a little peanut. I freaked on every little thing with my first, and got so stressed I had severe morning sickness everyday. My son was perfect at birth, and still perfect today, and he'll be 5 in August.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?