Low Progesterone-pg119629095139

1 Replies
Vanessa2 - November 28

Hi! I'm about 6 weeks pregnant, and just went for my first sonogram yesterday. Everything looked good, and they saw a heartbeat. I left blood yesterday too. Today the levels came back that my HCG was great (27,000), but my progesterone went down (from about 20-10). The nurse didn't seem worried and they prescribed Prometrium to take at night. I'm still worried though. Do any of you have similar experiences or advice?

stefkay - November 28

Hi Vanessa, I'm sure if the scan showed baby measuring to date and the heartbeat that all is fine! The hcg sounded good and the thing about progesterone is that it fluctuates hour to hour....it probably was just at a low point at the time they drew blood. My dr. explained that this is why it is hard to test progesterone levels to see if women need to be on supplements that is why he prescribes it to ALL of his high risk/miscarriage girls (I'm on prometrium now too and have been since 4 weeks due to recurrent miscarriages)...I'm now 8.5 weeks and things look good so far :) Do the prometrium and I'm sure all will be fine!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?