Low Progesterone -pg119634157274

12 Replies
Vanessa2 - November 29

Hi everyone. I am just over 6 weeks pregnant. Two days ago I went for my first sonogram- the doctor found the heartbeat, which was wonderful. I left blood that day and got the results. My HCG was great- had gone up from 500 to like 27,000 since the last test, but my progesterone was low. It had gone down from 20 to 10. The doctor prescribed 200mg of Prometrium to be taken at bedtime. I don't know what to think of this...The nurse said it was very common and didn't seem worried, but everything I read on the internet seems to sound bad...Am I a high-risk pregnancy now? Does anyone have any advice about this? I'd appreciate it so much. Thanks!

stefkay - November 29

Vanessa, I think I posted to you on a similar thread you put up? I may be thinking of someone else though....?

stefkay - November 29

ok, i'm not crazy, lol! It is down below a few posts...

hioannidis - November 29

Vanessa take your prometrium, don't miss any doses, everything should be ok. I was in the same boat as you and now I'm 11weeks 4days. GL!!

Vanessa2 - November 29

Sorry! I did post it, but for some reason couldn't figure out how to get to the answers, so I just rewrote it! Thanks for the advice!

newlywed0915 - November 29

First off, congrats!!!!! Second,I know its hard....but try not to listen to what the internet says. Lol, it will drive you insane with all the worries!!!! I had a threatened abortion and the internet made it seem like the baby wouldn't make it, but its been a month, and we're still here! If the nurse a__sured you that this is common, I'm sure with the meds you'll be okay! Hio can vouch for it. :-)

Vanessa2 - November 29

Thank you all for your answers and support. It's been so helpful! I think I need to make a pact not to google these things anymore!

newlywed0915 - November 29

just take everything you google with a dose of sugar. Don't dwell on it, because nothing is final until you hear bad news from the doc...and even then they can be wrong sometimes. Just stay positive. You'll be okay!

Vanessa2 - December 5

Thank you all for your advice. Just to update you- I started the Prometrium last week and went for a blood test to check if there was progress. My progesterone went up from 10-18. So I'm feeling more confident about things now. Hope this info helps someone else in the same position. Thanks again!

stefkay - December 5

Cool! When is your next scan? It sounds like everything is going well :)

dyarcho - December 5

I am 8 1/2 weeks, and my progesterone was a 12.3 and they prescribed me progesterone suppositories. and now its a 22. As long as it goes up again, it should be ok.

Vanessa2 - December 6

My next sonogram is on Tuesday. I believe that's when they draw a ton of blood to test for all sorts of things...

Vanessa2 - December 6

Does anyone know what the normal levels of progesterone are? I think my doctor said between 12-20something but not sure...

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?