March Babies 2007 Part 8

654 Replies
Lissa - February 3

I have wanted all along to have a natural birth but with having all this back pain I am kind of over the suffering thing. I will probably get an epi now. The epi has also shown to slow down labor for some women. Your body can actually get too relaxed and your contractions slow down. Sometimes they have to supplement with pitocin. Tammy, I am glad your FFN test came back negative. Yaas, I am sorry you are itching so much; it must be miserable. Maybe you could go to a spa and get like a mud bath. The cool mud might help with the itching and it will moisturize your body at the same time. Just a thought. Well ladies hopefully this tylenol has kicked in by now and I can go back to sleep. I hope you have a great weekend.

Lissa - February 3

Writergirl, the pain in my back that I am having is not sciatica. My chiro explained it as my bones (pelvic, pubic etc) are kind of loose and free floating getting ready for the delivery. Mine are a little looser than most women's. My muscle and ligaments in between my pelvic and pubic bone is trying to take up the slack. The pain I am having is muscle/ligament pain. He did give me a couple of exercises but I don't if it will help with sciatica. The first one I get on my hands and knees and I arch my back out with keeping my head down. Then I lift my head and bring my back down at the same time really slow. The other is just a simple leg lift. I lay on each side with my knees together. My feet are in line with my hips and I slowly lift my knee up and back down. It is very simple but just lifting my knee a few inches off my leg and my leg is shaking really bad. My muscles in my right leg are overworked and very weak at the moment.

Lissa - February 3

Lia, as soon as I log off here I will send you an email for the yahoo site. I am excited to see everyones pics. I will have to take a pic of Tanner's nursery. I am thrilled with the way it has turned out.

Lissa - February 3

Talking about the rasberry tea. You can also try taking a couple of tablespoons of castor oil. It will make you go to the bathroom all the time but the diarhea is supposed to help start contractions. It has worked a couple of times for women on the Baby Story show. Also, there are supposed to be places on your feet that induce labor. My friend went for a foot ma__sage and went into labor later that evening. My sister in law said during their birthing cla__ses the instruction showed them places on the feet they could ma__sage too. I haven't gotten too desperate yet but I am getting close. Writergirl, they estimated my sister in laws baby two pounds less than what she actually was. The doctor's estimation can be off by quite a bit. They estimate that Tanner will be over eight pounds if I go full term. Okay I am really leaving this time. I went back to the part 7 to get caught up and now I am really tired. Lia I will send you that email though. Good night.

writergirl - February 3

i had the funniest thing happen to me last night. my left nipple was so d__n itchy for hours, i almost ripped it off! It was driving me bonkers. I did EVERYTHING to make it better. I dipped and soaked it in a cup of water and vinegar; i put nursing cream on it; i put an ice bag on it. finally i put this lanocaine cream i have for burns on it from Peter Thomas Roth. It worked!! it was almost comical. lissa, it's so great to hear from you. sorry about the pain and thanks for that leg lift idea. i think that might help with my hip pains. the arched back is something that i'm already trying for my sciatica. not working. :( also, try to hand in there for at least one more week to give tanner more time. it'll go by quickly, i promise. i'm 37w1d today. i can't believe it. all my dh and i have been doing is going out of to eat and renting movies at home. I guess i figure we're nervous about how our life won't be quiet anymore after this. i'm worried about how off the u/s prediction can be. I hope she's not 10lbs!! the actual weight is usually only off by a few oz. so i hope that she keeps with the "babies gain 1 oz a day until birth" concept. that would only make her 8. guess i'll find out soon enough! today is going to be boring. i actually got a good night's sleep last night (after the b___b incident), so i'm kinda stir crazy wanting to do something. dh works today, so i think i'll go grocery shopping and return the movie we watched. it snowed a bit last night, but not too bad. I have a sports car, so i'm always worried these days about driving it in the snow. we also have an SUV. every car sucks for me right now: one is too high for me to get into, one is too low for me to get out of. After errands, I have no idea what i'll do. might hit babies r us. want to get one of those CD players that attached to the crib so that I can play her the Baby Einstein CDs that we got. everyone have a great day!

writergirl - February 3

yaas, i'm sooo sorry about your itching. I thought of you last night when I was going insane with my itchy nipple. i hope that you can find some relief soon!!!!

Lia - February 3

Hi all. I'm in bed sick with the flu/cold. I had a hi temp. I've been taking Tylenol and doc has me on an antibiotic. I'll try to catch up later. I hope everyone else is well.

vanja10 - February 3

lissa - welcome back!!! good to hear you're still hanging on.. after all the pain you're going through, labour should be pretty easy! :) oh and my friend told me about the spot in ur foot... she told me she did it and she ended up giving birth at 36 weeks.. her little daughter is 6 years old now.. she said she's going to show me the spot next week when i see her again.. *lol* I don't think I'll mess with it till i'm at least 38 weeks tho... by then i'll be off work, sitting at home, ma__saging the spot.. she said she did it and was in labour within 24 hours.. and IN LABOUR for 36 hours... no drugs.. brave woman.. she's pregnant again with her second.. anyways, not much going on here.. finished my antibiotics and like you ladies, i'm feeling the pains.. just like i've worked out type of pains down there... anyways, back to work.. 3 more hours to go... i had to take my bigger ring off too now, so no wedding ring for me either.. :( never managed to find hubby's ring so we're gonna have to get a new one when he goes back to work.. laters

vanja10 - February 3

lia - hope u feel better.. lots of tea w/ lemon/honey... and if u need to take the nasal spray, might help too.. my doc told me not to, but i did it twice.. made my cold disappear within couple of days...

yaas - February 3

thanks everyone for wishfull thoughs, I guess i just have to deal with this itching and red rashes untill aftre delivery. I''l be 35w on monday, I can't wait to deliver this baby. we just came back from our birthing cla__s and it was really really good and informative, at least for me and my dh. Lissa_ good to her from you and hope you get to hold your baby soon. Lia_ hope you get well soon. one question if you deliver at 36-37w, is that too soon . I secretly am wishing to have this abby sooner than 40w. I really can't take it any more nit with these rashes anyway. wish you all have a good weekend.

kerryv - February 3

hi guys! well the infant care cla__s was really good. a lot of it we knew already but it was nice to have them walk through everything. our instructor was really good. she has 4 kids and is a l&d nurse so her credentials were certainly not questioned! the videos we rented were ancient! so we are looking for others that are newer at a different library. i have to say though those birth stories on discovery channel have been very informative as to what drugs are given and when and what problems can come up, etc. i had my husband watch a few with me today. have a good night! sorry about your b___b problem writergirl!

cjone - February 4

Just checking in...looks like everyone is busy, I guess you are all getting ready to watch the superbowl. Vanja (this might seem ignorant) - you are in Canada, do you guys also watch the superbowl ? Lia, I hope the antibiotics are working and you are feeling much better. Yaas - hoping your rashes are better...Lissa - its good to hear frm you. kerryv - did the program say anything about fentanyl(sp - ?) and how effective or not so effective it is. I have heard about stadol but recently I heard about fentanyl..Have a great evening/night everyone

cjone - February 4

I have a question - a friend of mine said she started using her b___st pump even before she went into labor and she believes this is what made her milk come really fast (i believe the second day itself - she is a first time mom)...what do you guys think? I thought we were not supposed to pump like that

yaas - February 4

cjone_ tomorrow I have a b___st feedig cla__s and i will ask for you, I haven't bought a pump yet but if she says that it would help, then i will go i buy it :) after the chil birthing cla__s, now i am less scared of labor and delivery I feel kinda releaved. it was such a good cla__s my dh is still talking about it and how beautifull he thought that giving birth was, vanja my dh changed his mind and he says he defenatly wants to be there in the room by my side, but he promissed me he will just stay at my head and that he wont look down there:) god I cant wait to have this baby. my due date is in 5 weeks but i am hoping for only 3 more weeks:lol

Tammy276 - February 4

Wow....slow day today!!! Lissa - nice to hear you check in and i'm so happy that Tanner is still hanging on! That is so great....I bet if they take you off of the meds and bedrest, it won't be too long after that that he is born. But you will be far enough along, I think you are going to be the first one out of the bunch to have a baby!!!! Cjone, I don't thin it is a good idea to pump before you have the baby, unless you are doing it right around your due date.....It causes nipple stimulation and that can cause you to go into labor. You don't want your milk to come in before you go into labor anyway because the colostrum is really rich in nutrients for the baby and is really good for the baby right after delivery, and if you are putting the baby to the b___st every couple of hours like you should be after delivery, your milk should come in withing one or two days....Normally by the time you leave the hospital it should be starting to come in. OMG writergirl! I can't believe you are that far already!! Holy c___p!! I guess I just keep forgetting that everyone is due before me, and it seems like I am so far behind everyone!! I don't have anything personal to report...just looking forward to not having to work at all this week!! Unless I feel like going in for a few hours here and there, but we'll see. I would really like to get the nursery done so that is out of the way. I've been feeling really crampy again today and my ribs are killing me!! I really think she has her feet jammed up underneath them. I finally took some tylenol because I couldn't take it anymore. I wonder if we can take tylenol PM cuz I could really use a good nights sleep, and that is when my ribs kill me the most is at night when I am laying down and in the morning when I get up....this morning it fel like someone used me as a punching bag last night.....only 7 weeks of this left, I can handle it!!

vanja10 - February 4

cjone - i'm watching the superbowl right now.. a lot of people do watch the game here, and i'm a football nut anyways, so i watch it... I also like Canadian Football League (CFL) but my hubby likes NFL better.. His fav team is Denver Broncos... I used to write articles and have a locker room pa__s about 5 years ago for BC Lions (Vancouver).. THat was the coolest job ever.. I was on the sidelines watching games, press box, locker room afterwards.. It was crazy.. I got to meet so many players... The few players you girls may have heard of that I've met are Doug Flutie, Jeff Garcia, Juran Bolden (used to play for Atlanta falcons, DB), Maurice Kelly (Seattle Seahawks).. anyways, this morning after breakfast I felt so ill for a few minutes I thought i was going to puke.. I wonder if that was my first contraction.. I felt cramps on top of my uterus and these waves just kept washing over me... i lied down and after 5 minutes it went away.. That was strange... I was feeling the baby pressing down too, so I'm not sure if that was a contraction.. My belly was hard as a rock... I usually don't feel the BH, just when my belly is hard so I think I'm having one, but oh well... I'm 36 weeks today... I can't believe next week I become full term... and yeah Lia and Writergirl are first ones (unless Lissa beats them to it! :) hehe.. I just keep thinking end of february, but it's hitting me now how fast it's approaching... Tammy, i wanted to ask u if it's ok for us to paint now.. I really wanna paint my living room and kitchen before the baby comes, can i do it myself??? I think I heard Latex paints are ok... but i would open all windows and doors and wear a mask.. I really can't stand these walls.. yaas - lucky you... my dh will not go.. we talked about it last week... my doc said to me she's concerned about lack of interest from dh in this pregnancy and i just said that he's been like that from day one and it's cultural. i know he's excited deep down and i hear him talking about it with his friends, but he's been a lot more helpful around the house, cooking dinners and dishes... generally doing more than he used to.. So I guess that's his way of dealing with it.. :) But I'm ok.. Anyways, gonna get back to the game...

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?