Nail Polish-pg117140124666

3 Replies
KSM - February 13

i've read lots of different things about nail polish during the first trimester. is it just harmful to be in the salon or to breathe the fumes? or is it just the polish that sits on your nail beds after it's dry?

KristinTone - February 13

I don't know...I just got my nails done it makes me feel better because I am all zitty and bloated lol!

kerryv - February 13

just be in a larger room or where there is ventilation and you are ok. dont close the bathroom door and put on a ton of nail polish or anything:)

preggoplease - February 14

Here is what I got by email from what to expect.com : "Feel pitiful without a pedicure? Manic without a manicure? Relax — it's perfectly safe to polish your nails while pregnant (and take advantage now — since it's likely that your nails are growing faster and stronger than ever thanks to pregnancy hormones). If you get your nails done in a salon, make sure it's a well-ventilated one (the fumes aren't great for you now — not just because of safety issues but because they can make you feel queasy). As for acrylics, there's no proof that the chemicals are harmful to you or your fetus, but to be absolutely safe, you might opt to forgo those tips until the baby comes. If your hormones didn't get the memo and you find that your nails have become weak or brittle, try a clear nail hardener and reapply often (plus make sure you're getting enough calcium)."

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?