Pregnant After Miscarriage-pg110202467662

10 Replies
Lori - December 2

I had a miscarriage at about 7 weeks at the end of July and just discoverd we are pregnant again. During the first pregnancy the only symptom i had was tender br___t. However this time i am experiencing all day sickness,however i have a lot of period like cramps and according the the u/s there was only a sac which measured out that i am only about 4 weeks along that was on 11/22 i go back on 12/10. My husband and i have been trying for 1.5 years for a baby. What are the chances that i will carry this baby full term so soon after a miscarriage. We have a seven year old son and there where no problems with that pregnancy.

m - December 6

If it was in July, that means you've probably had 3 or 4 full cycles since... is that right? So your system has had lots of time to rest and heal. I think you'll be ok. Don't let that 4 week ultrasound scare you. At that point, they can't see anything EXCEPT a sac, so just look forward to the next one. You should be able to see something by then. In my honest opinion, you should have a good chance of carrying this one to term. Miscarriage is more common than I ever realized. Coming on this site has enlightened me to several things I didn't know before. My only piece of advice is IF, and that's a big if, you do have another miscarriage, you might have your doctor do some tests to make sure things are ok inside (ovaries, uterus, tubes, etc). I normally wouldn't say that, but since you say you've been trying for a year and a half, a second miscarriage might be a red flag. Best of luck to you Lori!

Louise - December 7

4 weeks is not enough to detect a fetal pole. I bet once your 6 weeks your baby will be there with the heart beat. Youll be fine.

Lori - December 7

This helps, but I am still so nervous. I have had bad abdominal cramps for the last two weeks, and some mucas discharge, but no bleeding. Well i guess i am definately okay because now the real morning sickness just kicked in it is no longer just naseau, but vomitting as well. After having a miscarriage I didn't think it would be so hard to get excited about being pregnant. PLEASE don't take that the wrong way. I just don't want to be let down again.

m - December 7

Lori, I know what you mean. I have had 2 miscarriages. After the first one, when I found out I was pregnant again, I couldn't get excited. At first, it was like... ok, I gotta get past the point where I had the last mc, then I'll feel like everything is ok. Well, once that marker pa__sed, I felt good, and I was telling people, etc. But then we lost that one, too. So now when (and if) I am able to get pregnant again, it will be hard not to be scared. So I totally understand your reluctance to be overly excited at this point. Good luck and let us know how everything turns out! :o)

lori - December 13

Well i went to the Dr. on Friday 12/10 and appareantly we were like a couple of days away from being 6 weeks along on 11/23, because according to the size of the baby we are now 8 weeks. She said everything looks great. The yolk sac is perfect there was a heart beat and the baby looked great. So we don't go back until 1/7. I am starting to get more excited, but still scared. She also told me that my cramping is from my cervix is just really expanding alot. And as it expands the blood vessels run into each other and burst causeing the spotting i have seen. So i have not gained or lost one pound. Thank you everyong for your thoughts. I guess it seems to be a little easier because we have made it so far past the marker of the first lost which was 6 weeks. We saw the baby and then it was gone. So maybe this is a good sign. I hope so.

m - December 13

I'm so happy for you Lori!! Good luck!

Koakoa - December 13

You should be perfectly fine or at least thats what my doctor told me. Being that I am in the exact same situation... I had my miscarriage in mid september and must have gotten pregnant about a week later cause I am now about 11 weeks. I only had the frequent urination thing with the first one now I have it all, Cravings, Stretch marks, Nausea you name it. My Doctor suggest that those were all signs of a successful pregnancy. You shoukd be okay.... CONGRATULATIONS

Claire - December 13

Congrats! I'm happy for you that it all looks good, be reasured that when you hear the baby's heartbeat, the percentage of a m/c drops quite a bit, so you can really relax, try and take it easy on yourself, and thing will work out great, I'm so happy for you!

Lori - December 13

Yes. With each new symptom I feel more relaxed. This pregnancy is so different from that of my son. I had morning sickness the entire time and that was it. This time it is everything, but mostly at night, cramping, sore b___sts, i am hungray, but i can't eat the only thing I seem to be able to eat and keep down is instant mashed potatoes with brown gravy only, and water melon. It is very hard to find watermelon this time of year. But it all helps, because like you Koakoa i only had one symptom with the pregnancy that ended in miscarriage. And Claire I think you are definately right once I hear the heartbeat and reach the 13 week mark where i am out of the first tri-mester I think I can really celebrate. I just want to say thank you for listening and responding to everyone. It is really hard to talk to my husband because he refuses to believe that anything bad can happen. He is so excited, but sometimes I need to talk to someone and see how they are doing. So thank you all for your time and encouraging words. Congratulations Koakoa!!!

Koakoa - December 14

Thank you Lori. I am very excited, unlike the father. That would probably be another forum though. I did not get to hear the heart beat though they showed me something on the ultra sound screen that meant that it was beating. Now im starting to get scared..... Labor!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?