When -pg119475374135

4 Replies
goingtobefamous - November 10

when do you gain weight in pregnancy? like actual weight not just bloating?

sterlinberlin05 - November 11

the whole time!! lol no seriously I think technically your suppose to gain a total of 3 lbs the fist month and then just a couple more until the second trimester then it picks up frequently...but if your anything like me I gain about 5 lbs or so a month! and I am a fairlysmall person just everyone's different because some women lose weight

jennifer_33106 - November 11

In the first trimester it is not uncommon for women to even lose weight due to the m/s. But I am with sterlinber, I think that on average it is 3-5 lbs but I am not sure. I seem to gain 6 lbs at every singe OB appt. and I am only 25 weeks. haha

jennifer_33106 - November 11

I found this if it helps!~If you began pregnancy at a normal weight, you should gain 25–35 pounds over the nine months. Adding about 300 extra calories a day to your diet will help you reach this goal. (One extra healthy snack, such as four fig bars and a gla__s of skim milk, will provide these calories.) Most women gain four to six pounds in the first trimester, and then average a pound a week in the second and third trimesters. If you began pregnancy underweight, you should probably gain a little more. That's because underweight women are more likely to have small babies. A 28- to 40-pound gain is usually recommended, so you should try to gain slightly over a pound a week in the second and third trimesters. If you began pregnancy overweight, you should gain only 15–25 pounds. This means you should put on one pound every two weeks in the second and third trimesters. While you don't want to gain too much weight, you should never try to lose weight during pregnancy because that could harm your baby. If you're expecting twins, you should probably gain a total of 35–45 pounds. That translates into about 1 1/2 pounds a week in the last two trimesters.

EricaG - November 12

Good information Jennifer :o) I've heard that if you begin at a healthy weight you should gain 3-5 lbs in the first trimester (13 weeks) (although with morning sickness that's sometimes impossible, lol,) and then .5 to 1 lb a week after that for the remainder of the pregnancy. I'm on track so far. I started the pregnancy at 5'4" and 125 lbs. i've gained 2.5 lbs and I'm 12 weeks. I haven't had hardly any nausea. With my daughter I threw up through the entire pregnancy, lol.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion