A Little Confused-pg112413419318

4 Replies
j - August 15

What is the difference in getting a positive result on an hpt 8 days past ovulation or 8 days after s_x? Aren't they basically the same thing? Isn't there only 2 days a month the a woman can get pregnant? Please help.

Ashley - August 15

Yes, I think they are?

Evy - August 15

Hey J, I find the question a little confusing but let's see. You can have s_x when you are not ovulating. Like, say you have s_x three days after your period and take an hpt 8 days after that it is not the same thing as taking an hpt 8 days after ovulation. You ovulate one time a month. The goal is to have s_x the days before ovulation (sperm can live inside a woman for up to 5 days.) Once ovulation occurs and the egg is released, there needs to be a sperm ready to join that egg. So, if you have s_x after the egg is released you are pretty much out of luck for that month. Women try to figure out when they are about to ovulate so that they can have s_x the days before and the day of. A good indication that ovulation is coming is egg white cervical mucous. Hope this is not more information than you needed.

J - August 15

Thanks Evy. So I guess my question is a hpt can give a positive result 8 days after ovulation but not 8 days after having intercourse, is that right?

Evy - August 15

Yes, It will give you a positive after conception (which would have happened at ovulation). I tested positive 12 days after ovulation. Some people might get it 8 days after.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion